Emed 6 pack covid test kit

3 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

I think shipping costs depends on where you are shipping to

Agreed. The shipping for myself and the shipping for my mother were different costs although ordered at the same time, because we live in different states. 
The overnight shipping was also the only option for us.

Also, don’t forget to submit the cost for reimbursement with your insurance (if possible). 

• 3 weeks later...

How long did it take to receive your tests from Emed?  I ordered last night and one order had the shipment notice cancelled with FedEx this afternoon.  I'm a little concerned because I have people around to grab the package this week when it comes, but not next week.  We don't sail until mid July so waiting isn't as big of a problem as the fact they are temp sensitive and outdoor temps are going above the threshold starting this weekend.

On a side note I needed 8 tests and I had to order a 6 pack and a 2 pack separately which meant I had to pay for shipping twice.  Kinda stinks.

3 hours ago, Meangreen said:

How long did it take to receive your tests from Emed?  I ordered last night and one order had the shipment notice cancelled with FedEx this afternoon.  I'm a little concerned because I have people around to grab the package this week when it comes, but not next week.  We don't sail until mid July so waiting isn't as big of a problem as the fact they are temp sensitive and outdoor temps are going above the threshold starting this weekend.

On a side note I needed 8 tests and I had to order a 6 pack and a 2 pack separately which meant I had to pay for shipping twice.  Kinda stinks.

wow,up until a month ago you could only order a 6 pack!  It is recommended to order more tests than you need due to the possibility of human error when testing or a test kit does not have all the required components (rare but it happens)....test kits are not allowed to be opened prior to the proctored viewing.  

Usually the kits come within the week-5 days.  IDK why their site says overnight.....I've never gotten my box overnight.

Here is their customer service #  (866) 955-1173. you might want to call and make an inquiry as to what is happening with your order.

14 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

wow,up until a month ago you could only order a 6 pack!  

If you are talking about the COVID test kits through the Royal website, the Abbott test kits through Optum store that is link in the Royal site:  The emed test kits (Abbott) that I used, among others, were the 2 pack that we ordered through Royal's website.  I ordered and received them back in February or March, 2022.  Used them on May 10, 2022.  Since I was interested in purchasing the tests kits, various size packs (I believe it was the 2 and 3 pack amounts) were available through Royal's website. 

Side Note:  We/I only ordered the 2 pack for my wife and I, so we didn't have any extra to waste.  My wife's internet connection was lost during the 15 minute processing time.  We reconnected after the 15 minute processing time and it didn't matter.  They gave her a proof of negative test document anyway, she was actually negative.  To me, that only proves that Royal and their business associations aren't interested in preventing folks from cruising, if within their power to do so.  Plausible deniability!  YMMV!

On 5/17/2022 at 2:18 PM, Matt said:

Just ordered a 6pack from emed last week. Overnight shipping was only option

Hi Matt,

This may sound like a weird question, BUT: we have ordered the emed Abbot test kits through the Optum store and want to test just after midnight Eastern time on Saturday morning (we have an early morning flight to Seattle on Saturday) to embark on a Monday morning cruise from Seattle. Will the date indicated on the test results be based upon the date when we took the test in the time zone we tested? In other words, since Seattle is 3 hours behind us, will our results be valid if our test times are based upon our time zone, rather than Pacific? Thanks for your advice.

51 minutes ago, Johnstewarth said:

Hi Matt,

This may sound like a weird question, BUT: we have ordered the emed Abbot test kits through the Optum store and want to test just after midnight Eastern time on Saturday morning (we have an early morning flight to Seattle on Saturday) to embark on a Monday morning cruise from Seattle. Will the date indicated on the test results be based upon the date when we took the test in the time zone we tested? In other words, since Seattle is 3 hours behind us, will our results be valid if our test times are based upon our time zone, rather than Pacific? Thanks for your advice.

eMed uses UTC times so that is what will show on your results. So, you need to match your time to UTC and see what time that will be. But the conversion should be based on your time zone, since they process you based on your state from your ID. 

16 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

eMed uses UTC times so that is what will show on your results. So, you need to match your time to UTC and see what time that will be. But the conversion should be based on your time zone, since they process you based on your state from your ID. 

Thank you!