New Cruise Addicts!! What do we book next?!

Just got back from a weekend Bahamas cruise on Independence, we are hooked!!!  Ready to book a fall cruise!!

We’ve narrowed it down to ports close to us (NJ & MD) since flying with all 4 kids is insane. 

Bahamas at Cocoa Cay on Oasis

OR

Bermuda and Cocoa Cay on Enchantment. 

Please weigh in, any advice or opinions is more than welcome!!

Oasis. As stated, so much more for the kids to do and you'll find Enchantment small and old coming off of Independence.

I'm in my 40's with no kids and even I have no interest in a ship without a Promenade. Many are fine with the smaller, older ships but they feel claustrophobic to me.

27 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Oasis. As stated, so much more for the kids to do and you'll find Enchantment small and old coming off of Independence.

I'm in my 40's with no kids and even I have no interest in a ship without a Promenade. Many are fine with the smaller, older ships but they feel claustrophobic to me.

We are BIG ship cruisers!!

9 minutes ago, LovetoCruise87 said:

We are BIG ship cruisers!!

What's funny is, other than Radiance in Alaska (which was the end of an 18-day trip in 2018 where we were there to see Alaska, not the ship), I've been on nothing but Oasis class for so long, I'm actually looking forward to dropping down to Indy in July just as a change of pace. It's still big, of course, just not Oasis-class big.

15 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

What's funny is, other than Radiance in Alaska (which was the end of an 18-day trip in 2018 where we were there to see Alaska, not the ship), I've been on nothing but Oasis class for so long, I'm actually looking forward to dropping down to Indy in July just as a change of pace. It's still big, of course, just not Oasis-class big.

We've been on everything from Sovereign class to Oasis class. Now Sovereign, that was a small ship.

Another vote for Oasis with the kids! We have 2 kids and are doing both Oasis AND Enchantment this year (we live in VA, so like you, also all about saving money on flights). I already know the kids will like Oasis more, but Enchantment for us was a "mattress run" where we booked a super cheap suite under the double points promo to get us over the edge to Diamond+. 

But in all reality, I'm sure you all will have an amazing time with whichever option you choose!

42 minutes ago, MTNeedsAVacay said:

Enchantment for us was a "mattress run" where we booked a super cheap suite under the double points promo to get us over the edge to Diamond+.

Ha! We did the same thing (except we got the cheapest interior we could find that summer), ironically on Enchantment, when we needed 4 nights to reach Diamond a long time ago.

"Super cheap suite" is an oxymoron to me but everything is relative. 🙂

Oasis! The ship is really a destination…a resort. Especially with kids. So many different neighborhoods that spread the passengers out. Lots to do…so many choices to make but never really feels overwhelming. I’m more ‘been there, done that’ as far as ports so I really appreciate being onboard the ship. Except, of course, for CocoCay. Love that place!

On 5/17/2022 at 3:30 PM, LovetoCruise87 said:

We've been on everything from Sovereign class to Oasis class. Now Sovereign, that was a small ship.

I got you beat! Our smallest RC ship was Song of America! (Then monarch, then Sovereign)