Jewel of the Seas?

Hello (after a COVID induced hiatus).  We are jumping back into the water so to speak and are looking at options for a November birthday cruise out of Port Canaveral.  We have been to Nassau and Coco Cay and were looking for a different itinerary.  Jewel of the Seas with its two stops in Mexico looks appealing.  But doing some research, the ship itself may not be to our liking.  Reports I have seen suggest the ship is worn and obviously smaller than many of the other Royal Caribbean ships.  It also does not have the amenities like we enjoyed on Mariner of the Seas (Surfing and Pool Slide to name a few...).  We would appreciate any feedback, thoughts or recent experiences on this ship.  

@CNA Jacksonville You are correct that Jewel doesn't have the water slides and Flowrider. Jewel is more of the old style traditional cruising, where ships have an atrium and lots of glass with great ocean views.  If you need to be entertained with physical activities all the time, then it may not be the best ship for you.  

I sailed this ship in Greece in 2020. I did not feel that it was worn out. We had a great cruise. 

One thing that did bother us and I wouldn't sail her again because of it: the adults only section of the pool was extremely loud as it was a passage area to other parts of the ships. Also the 'adult only' part of it was ignored by some and Royal staff didn't do anything about this.

For us that was a deal breaker. Of course that might not be the case for you. 

We love the Radiance class for the reason it is smaller and lots of water views.  We were on the Radiance of the Seas for our Alaska cruise and loved it.  The pool is really irrelevant for us as we rarely use that feature.  Being a smaller ship allows you to go places that the big mega ships cannot go and that is one of the things we appreciate in a smaller ship.  We do like the big ships too when we go with family/grand kids.

It just boiled down to what you are looking for in a cruise vacation.  We are super busy and work long hours so I really enjoy having some down time to actually relax.

Our last trip on the Jewel was impressive - beautiful dining room, great service, and attentive staff throughout.  Shows good, but smaller or individual performers.  Food, also, was top notch.  If you can enjoy a smaller ship, smaller crowds, and somewhat less activities you may well enjoy the Jewel.