How strict are they on boarding times

• Matt changed the title to How strict are they on boarding times

Depends on ports, staff and days. Some staff will make you wait in a line until your appropriate time. I read they are stricter on weekdays than weekends, but who knows. Some ports like Bayonne and Seattle are very strict, while Port Canaveral could care less. But if you share a room/linked reservations, they will usually allow you to board together.

31 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

But if you share a room/linked reservations, they will usually allow you to board together.

The safest bet for boarding together if this is important would be to all show up together at the latest boarding window. Coming early is less likely to work in the ports where they are being strict about times. Being "late" can be a reality caused by transportation delays so they know they have to allow some flexibility on that end.

23 minutes ago, ellipses127 said:

I'm concerned because we are driving to port that there will be construction delays and we will be late to our 1p check in. I would hope that wouldn't be that big of a deal if we are an hour late 

I personally would be a mess by worrying about getting to the port on time.  So I would try to get to Port Lauderdale by noon and finding something to do while waiting for my check in time.  But that is just me. 

4 hours ago, FireFishII said:

I personally would be a mess by worrying about getting to the port on time.  So I would try to get to Port Lauderdale by noon and finding something to do while waiting for my check in time.  But that is just me. 

COMPLETLY agree!! We are about 5 hours from port and plan on leaving by 6a. I'm sure I'll be up all night doing last minute stuff before we leave so I will add "checking traffic" to that list! 

There is a great restaurant in front of the ship, at Port Canaveral, that is a great place to hang out after you drop off your bags. I have had no problems on my 10 post covid cruises showing up early. Yes - Seattle was a tad nutty, but I expect that from West Coast peeps 🙂

1 hour ago, ellipses127 said:

COMPLETLY agree!! We are about 5 hours from port and plan on leaving by 6a. I'm sure I'll be up all night doing last minute stuff before we leave so I will add "checking traffic" to that list! 

13th March 2022 sailing, driving to Miami from Tampa 5 hours usually tops....but we leave the day before sailing & this time OMG we were so thankful! Half way there Alligator Alley closed due to fires, smoke made the State Police fully close this route. We had to turn around along with EVERYONE else & make our way back way North to drive across the State and then down again, with so many other motorists. If it was the same day of embarkation we could have possibly missed the ship. If I have learned anything even when driving to a Port I make my way a day earlier, period. You just never know, way to much $$ to leave to chance.

* The traffic check in the a.m. was clear, it was only half way there we were starting to see the red, rut row!!

15 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Depends on ports, staff and days. Some staff will make you wait in a line until your appropriate time. I read they are stricter on weekdays than weekends, but who knows. Some ports like Bayonne and Seattle are very strict, while Port Canaveral could care less. But if you share a room/linked reservations, they will usually allow you to board together.

Not in Bayonne, they announced you can’t do that.