Cuba travel rules relaxed again

2 hours ago, SPS said:

I'd love to visit there, but, does RC have a ship that can even dock there now?

Empress and Majesty are no longer in the fleet and, to my knowledge, they were the only ships able to port there before travel restrictions to Cuba were reinstated.

Virgin had big plans for Scarlet Lady to go to Cuba.  The assumption is Radiance class could be made to work.  Moot point though.  

13 hours ago, SPS said:

Empress and Majesty are no longer in the fleet and, to my knowledge, they were the only ships able to port there before travel restrictions to Cuba were reinstated.

Bummer!  I sailed Empress in July of 2019...2 weeks after cruising to Cuba was suspended.  We had the whole trip planned out.  I hope to get to Cuba some time!

I’m guessing cruise lines may not feel the urge to start shifting schedules and itineraries until they’re sure they can go there. Also, will adding Cuba as a destination add to bookings…..will it be a sustained destination, or will it get cancelled again. Just got to wait and see.

On 5/17/2022 at 7:05 AM, SPS said:

I'd love to visit there, but, does RC have a ship that can even dock there now?

I'm 90% sure Vision Class ships can fit .... 

Hey folks let's admit it, Royal Caribbean needs more ports! There are more and more new ships coming online and the existing fleet needs places to berth. 

Add in the increasing number of dedicated cruisers is going to grow tired of the familiar options of St Marteen, Cozumel, Nassau etc. 

We should be all be very supportive for new destinations.