Norwegian Fjords Cruise tipping questions

Hi everyone!

We are booked for a Norwegian Fjords cruise on Anthem of the Seas departing from Southampton, England in Sept of '23.  It just occurred to me that Europe doesn't have the same tipping culture that the US has.  

I know exactly what I tip on a cruise originating from home and of course I tip in USD... but this cruise starts in the UK and goes to Norway and then back to the UK.  Should I tip like I would if I were going to the Bahamas? Dining staff, bartenders, cabin steward, etc.?  I'm sure the answer to that is yes, but in what currency?  It really doesn't seem to make sense to tip in British pounds, should I get some kroner?  Or stick to USD?  I checked and the next 2 cruises for Anthem after ours are in Europe, so should I get Euros?

Help!!!! LOL

Pam

7 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

USD is pretty good throughout. Truth be told, unless you are dealing with a completely foreign line, USD is okay. It will be the same type of crew you encounter on Caribbean sailings. 

Thanks!! I thought that was probably the case, but I would feel like an idiot if someone gave me a perplexed look as I handed them dollars.

9 minutes ago, Blulady said:

Thanks!! I thought that was probably the case, but I would feel like an idiot if someone gave me a perplexed look as I handed them dollars.

Ha! 

If I am in a city, I convert money as to not stick out. But I have done European river cruises and they love USD. Even more so because it is a tip. However, many of the crew on RCG ships do all types of itineraries, so I would personally treat every sailing the same and tip in USD.