Royal Up with Adjoining Rooms

I am guessing there is not much of an option for my family as we booked adjoining rooms. We are a family of four with kids 13 & 11. We would not mind trying to upgrade through Royal Up, but since there is no guarantee both rooms would get upgraded, or we can even move to a bigger 4-person room, I think it is best not even to try. 

Does anyone have any suggestions or has experienced this situation before?

RU is a third-party service, and it seems like they only care whether they can sell your room for more than the upgrade. They don't care about how many people are in rooms, their age, or the location. With RU you get put where they want you. So even if they offered a RU for two adjourning rooms, there is a high chance, like 90%, they won't be anywhere near each other. Having a room for 4 is usually a different ball game and with a pre-teen and teenager, you will need at least two bathrooms. 

Even if one room won, it would only be valid for the people on that rooms reservation, so if you tried to add people, they would reprice at the prevailing rate.