Western Med Excursion Prices

StuKat4040

Can you help, I have tried numerous web sites and forums to try and find out the Excursion prices for this year. We are looking at the Wonder of the Seas leaving Barcelona in September 2022.

I even called Royal Caribbean in the USA and was told they couldn't tell me anything until I purchased the Cruise.

Now that doesn't sound too good to me when i am also evaluating other Companies where their prices are all displayed.

If anyone can help, I am looking at Rome and just the basic bus drop off and pick up, we like to do our own thing.

I remember doing it a few years back and it was called ''EXPLORE or ON YOUR OWN '' or something like that.

For our October cruise, the excursions are limited and definitely more expensive than elsewhere (Caribbean)-- about 150-200 USD for a full day excursion, especially in Italy.  Could even be more.  They still have the usual walk-around-a-village stuff that is reasonable, say $50-$80 depending upon length.  Ditto for driving around on a tour bus. These are the Royal excursions.  

If you take the "Civitavecchia Express"  that is offered by the port you can go by train from the port to Rome for 15 euro's per person (return trip). This train is a special train for cruise passengers. You need to reserve a seat in advance on the website of Trenitalia

Local trains are also only around 10 euro's. 

On our first Med Cruise we paid over a 100 dollars to Royal for a train that did the exact same thing. 

13 hours ago, Marga said:

Local trains are also only around 10 euro's. 

Just to add to Marga's reply, the local trains are commuter trains so although they're a bit cheaper you're not guaranteed a seat like you are on the Civitavecchia express. You could find you're standing the whole way there/back. That alone makes the small additional cost for the express worthwhile. 

We are going in July. There are a total of 25 shore excursions in Rome. 3 of those fit what you might be looking for. Express train is $89, bus transportation from port to St Peters Square is $66 and transportation from port to Hop on Hop off bus is $119

we are doing a pricey excursion as there are 17 of us and I have been before where there can be long que lines we want to avoid. 

On 5/16/2022 at 9:36 AM, StuKat4040 said:

Can you help, I have tried numerous web sites and forums to try and find out the Excursion prices for this year. We are looking at the Wonder of the Seas leaving Barcelona in September 2022.

I even called Royal Caribbean in the USA and was told they couldn't tell me anything until I purchased the Cruise.

Now that doesn't sound too good to me when i am also evaluating other Companies where their prices are all displayed.

If anyone can help, I am looking at Rome and just the basic bus drop off and pick up, we like to do our own thing.

I remember doing it a few years back and it was called ''EXPLORE or ON YOUR OWN '' or something like that.

If you sail out of Rome my suggestion is using a private company. It ends up being more personal and less waiting around time. We are using Discovery Tours. They have so far been so helpful. We have them getting us to and from airport, booked our hotel, and we have a personal tour guide. Reliable and comparable to RC prices for transfers and tours. We are leaving out of Rome 6/2/22 on WOS. We tried to book excursions for Barcelona with RC and there are only 2 that showed up about 1 month ago. We have been told this is related to COVID and protocols changing.  One of the RC tours is to Barcelona FC stadium and the other is a 4 hour tour of Barcelona that hits the major landmarks (Gothic Quarter and Sagrada Familia). We are touring on our own in Barcelona. Hope this is helpful

7 minutes ago, Hharris1997 said:

If you sail out of Rome my suggestion is using a private company. It ends up being more personal and less waiting around time. We are using Discovery Tours. They have so far been so helpful. We have them getting us to and from airport, booked our hotel, and we have a personal tour guide. Reliable and comparable to RC prices for transfers and tours. We are leaving out of Rome 6/2/22 on WOS. We tried to book excursions for Barcelona with RC and there are only 2 that showed up about 1 month ago. We have been told this is related to COVID and protocols changing.  One of the RC tours is to Barcelona FC stadium and the other is a 4 hour tour of Barcelona that hits the major landmarks (Gothic Quarter and Sagrada Familia). We are touring on our own in Barcelona. Hope this is helpful

Wanted to add that the Discovery Tours, being you said you like to explore on your own, they will personalize it for you. Gilberto is amazing!! So if you use this company request for him.