Travel trip on Jewel

Writing to let folks to let you know I contracted Covid while onboard the Jewel during its transatlantic crossing leaving Miami on April 29.  Stuck in Amsterdam for three nights and counting, waiting on a negative test so I can fly home to the US.  My 82 year old mother is with me and has symptoms but no positive test thus far.  I wish we would have been told of the outbreak on the ship. I heard people were in quarantine during a drill for the crew on the last day.  I wish we were given information directly so I could have masked up and isolated earlier.  I would have cancelled my final day excursion as well as there was sneezing and coughing on the bus to the airport.  This is costing hundreds, possibly thousands of dollars, not to mention I miss family and, yes, work.  Vaxxed and double boosted but still positive. CRUISE AS IF EVERYONE ON BOARD IS CONTAGIOUS.  The staff and crew will not tell you this, but it’s the only way to stay safe.  If you’re planning to fly upon disembarkation, you have no guarantee you’ll get on board.  

• Matt changed the title to Travel trip on Jewel

thank you for sharing this.  I have a cruise in Europe in the summer and realize the huge risk of not returning home due to the US testing policies.   I called my travel insurance company to inquire if this would be covered were we to test positive in Europe (covered for extended stay,meals and airfare costs) and I was told yes.  I am hopeful we won't have to find out the hard way. If you have travel insurance call the company to find out if they cover this.

We are on the Jewel in Mid-August out of Amsterdam.  We do have travel insurance, vax'd and boosted.  Hopefully, herd immunity will be kicking in soon and they start treating C19 like it was the flu. I hope you test negative soon and your mother stays negative and you get to fly back home shortly.

1 hour ago, whitsmom said:

We are on the Jewel in Mid-August out of Amsterdam. 

As you know, we were booked on this sailing as well.  Just wanted to let you know that I just cancelled.  We knew it was coming, of course...but it's finally done.  Sorry we won't be going.  Would love to have met you and I know you will have a wonderful cruise !  Enjoy

59 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

As you know, we were booked on this sailing as well.  Just wanted to let you know that I just cancelled.  We knew it was coming, of course...but it's finally done.  Sorry we won't be going.  Would love to have met you and I know you will have a wonderful cruise !  Enjoy

I was afraid you would have to cancel.  I will have to share our pictures of our trip with you guys.  I look forward to cruising getting back to normal (if that is even possible now)!