Cruise Planner Memorial Day Sale

I typically find the cruise planner sales happen about every 3-4 weeks so yes, I am expecting one for Memorial weekend since the last one was very early May.  The thing I have not seen in recent sales is truly great prices!!  It seems (in recent months) right before a sale the prices get “jacked” up so when the sale occurs the price is still not really cheap!  
Yes, I know inflation has hit us all very hard so I suppose we can’t expect those wonderful prices from a few years ago!  Sad…but at least we are all in this together!  

Complete and utter bull$hit!  I screenshotted the page for the deluxe beverage package for my voyage, 14 August on Wonder, the day before the sale, and it was $71.  Now the "sale" is going on, calling it "buy one get one 50% off" and it's $2 more than before the so called "BOGO" at $73.  Royal math at its worst!  I wouldn't be so angry if it wasn't so goddamn blatant!  Question: were they lying 2 days ago, or are they lying now?  Answer: yes to both, they are lying all the time!

I was able to cancel/rebook The Key and save $3.00/person/day this morning.  All other 'sale' prices were what I paid three weeks ago, but a bit lower than what they were yesterday.  With cruise coming in 32 days, I suppose the prices I have now will be what I ultimately end up paying, so probably no use checking every day from here until the cruise.

My DBP for October on Voyager went from 75 to 65, I can't do the BOGO 50% deals because my wife doesn't drink and  I have top call to get an exception. Her Refreshment package went from 30 to 23. My June Alaska on Ovation has the DBP 66.99 BOGO 50%, I got it for 54 back in Feb. You really need to keep track of prices and keep checking to see if the "final" cost is better or not. I do see that everything is 10-20% higher than last fall. I'm hoping to get some deals on Black Friday for my cruises next year.

Basically, if you think you want the beverage packages, just go ahead and book them.  Then when the price lowers during a "sale" or for whatever other reason Royal might have, you can always call RC and rebook at the lower price.  But it also freezes you into that initial price you paid if it goes up. 

The sale prices yesterday for our June cruise are still high.  The DBP was about $76, so $65 sounds good if you are inclined to buy it.  Soda and VOOM prices looked "normal" to me even though Royal sent us an email they were starting our Memorial Day sale "early".  

@JennyB Totally agree. I'm Diamond now so get four vouchers. My wife also gets her four so could use her vouchers for total of 8. Then go out of pocket for anything extra. My October cruise where I have the DBP I've planned to use my vouchers to get a few drinks for other family members. I'm also concerned that I don't really want to worry about how many vouchers I've used and should I skip having a drink here and there. I enjoy socializing in the various bars meeting interesting people so over 12 hours you can rack up quite a few drinks. Oh well, "first world problem" 

Just checked - UDP is higher - we're doing a B2B on Oasis, and are doing the UDP on the 2nd, 7 night leg. DBP is the same or higher, VOOM is the same (paid less for that on the first leg, 9 days, but ordered that sooner), and we haven't actually picked any shore excursions.  May just get off the ship a couple of times and wander