Hearing impaired

Hello, I have a severe hearing impairment. Even with my hearing aids, I can only hear about 65%. I want to enjoy the shows on the ship, but I’m afraid I’ll miss too much and be confused. Is there anything special to help the hearing impaired hear the shows better? I don’t usually go to shows so I don’t know how it works.

Our local performing arts theater has an infrared hearing impaired system. The website says that it receives audio from the house console monitor feed and that receivers are available upon request from the box office. My dad has used these in the past as he has 90% hearing loss. They help him but only so much can be done for his situation. He also has hearing aids. I wonder if this sort of infrared hearing system is available on the ships.

You might check with Royal Caribbean special needs and see if they have interpreters available on some ships. I saw an interpreter on the Odyssey last March but they may have traveled with a group. I really doubt they have interpreters available but it wouldn’t hurt to ask. I know from teaching the deaf that amplification does not always help.