Jeep Adventure Alaska

SFaz

Hello. My husband and I are booked for Alaska in September. We were looking to book the Back County Jeep Adventure at Icy Strait Point. We noticed that this excursion is per person versus per Jeep. If it is just the two of us, how likely it is they will put other people in our Jeep? Thanks in advance. 

I can't imagine the drama of putting two couples into a Jeep and then having to have them decide who is going to drive.  I, personally, would not want to ride in a vehicle with some other random, unvetted person, driving.  I would be surprised if they did that, but you could call the company and ask.  The number is on the door of the Jeep in the photo in the Cruise Planner (907)945-3141.

On 5/14/2022 at 4:46 PM, SFaz said:

Hello. My husband and I are booked for Alaska in September. We were looking to book the Back County Jeep Adventure at Icy Strait Point. We noticed that this excursion is per person versus per Jeep. If it is just the two of us, how likely it is they will put other people in our Jeep? Thanks in advance. 

If I recall correctly, I think the excursion description states that that Jeeps are shared if less than 3 people.  

8 hours ago, Peter D said:

If I recall correctly, I think the excursion description states that that Jeeps are shared if less than 3 people.  

Thanks! I don’t see it listed anywhere that they are shared for less than three.  All I can find is “equipped for four fellow explorers” and “sit in the drivers seat of your exploration vehicle” Just seems odd that if we are driving they would put us with strangers. Like Speednoodles said driving with a random unvetted person seems like something most people would not be comfortable with. Wishing it was spelled out in the description “You will be matched to fill the jeep” or something like that. We don’t go until September so maybe someone will go before we do and can report back 😊 

15 hours ago, SFaz said:

Thanks! I don’t see it listed anywhere that they are shared for less than three.  All I can find is “equipped for four fellow explorers” and “sit in the drivers seat of your exploration vehicle” Just seems odd that if we are driving they would put us with strangers. Like Speednoodles said driving with a random unvetted person seems like something most people would not be comfortable with. Wishing it was spelled out in the description “You will be matched to fill the jeep” or something like that. We don’t go until September so maybe someone will go before we do and can report back 😊 

I was on a similar excursion in Cozumel in the pre-pandemic era, and my wife and I were paired with another couple.  I was the only one who could drive stick, so that pretty much decided the driving situation.  Obviously a different company in another time, but RCI setting up a tour like that has precedence.

16 hours ago, Peter D said:

This is where I saw it.

Onboard Experience - Royal Caribbean International

This is the generic description of the excursion on RCL website.  If you look in 'Important notes' it says 'parties under 3 guests will share a jeep'.  If it doesn't say so on your cruise planner booking, maybe that is no longer the case.

You are awesome! Thanks so much for finding that! 

On 5/14/2022 at 4:46 PM, SFaz said:

If you are looking for a similar experience, last July we did this.

Onboard Experience - Royal Caribbean International

The ATVs are two person vehicles and overall I think it was good excursion.