AMA confined to our room with covid

Really sorry to hear about your experience! We boarded the day you got off, and I almost considered cancelling based on your description, but we went through with it. It makes sense now why it took so long to board the ship. We stayed in 8138. Not sure how many were sick on our ship as they never discussed it. Staff members were all double-masked, but many passengers were not. People did use the hand sanitizer a lot. We basically felt great all week and tested negative Sunday night to fly home to the US Monday. We had already had omicron in January, after being vaccinated, so we weren't too worried about getting sick. Praise God we did not have to quarantine and made it home to our children.

2 hours ago, CruiseMom82 said:

Really sorry to hear about your experience! We boarded the day you got off, and I almost considered cancelling based on your description, but we went through with it. It makes sense now why it took so long to board the ship. We stayed in 8138. Not sure how many were sick on our ship as they never discussed it. Staff members were all double-masked, but many passengers were not. People did use the hand sanitizer a lot. We basically felt great all week and tested negative Sunday night to fly home to the US Monday. We had already had omicron in January, after being vaccinated, so we weren't too worried about getting sick. Praise God we did not have to quarantine and made it home to our children.

Im so happy you guys have been ok! If the boat had 2000 passengers and there were 50 in the "covid room" the chances of getting it are still low ish. 
this hasnt deterred us from cruising and will hopefully be doing the 7 night pacific coastal in sept if all goes well. 

On 5/14/2022 at 6:36 PM, anxiouscruiser said:

He had a high fever and started coughing. I brought tests from home. Tested him and self reported it to the cruise line. Wanted to do the right thing by reporting it and trying to make sure no one else got it from us. 

I'm sorry this happened to you, but you absolutely did the right thing! Think I will pack some of our home tests on our next cruise just in case.