Deluxe Drinks Package On European Sailings - £40 pppd

My wife noticed an offer on the Deluxe Drinks Package that was posted on a Facebook group. This is for European sailings of 5 nights or above and represents a huge saving.

The offer is only available on Live Chat and although the offer advertised has expired, Royal Caribbean have extended it.

Today's price is £71.05 pppd, but if you contact Royal Caribbean on Live Chat they will add it to your outstanding balance at £40 pppd (in fact it's slightly under, as the cost per person for the 7 night sailing is £275)

Drinks Package.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Spang1974 said:

In the UK they are still honouring it, with people confirming as late as this morning still receiving it. I unfortunately don't agree with sharing this promotion here or on social media as it's not available worldwide and if I was USA/Canada based I would be very upset, just my opinion.

There is always going to be disparity between pricing and offers in different countries (and the UK is usually on the rough end of it).

Is it fair that the drinks package today is $73.99 in the US (at current exchange rates that's £62) compared to £71.05 in the UK?

On the respective US & UK homepages at this moment, in the US there's 30% off for all guests & kids sail free. In the UK we have reduced deposits & kids sail from £99.

53 minutes ago, Stephen said:

There is always going to be disparity between pricing and offers in different countries (and the UK is usually on the rough end of it).

Is it fair that the drinks package today is $73.99 in the US (at current exchange rates that's £62) compared to £71.05 in the UK?

On the respective US & UK homepages at this moment, in the US there's 30% off for all guests & kids sail free. In the UK we have reduced deposits & kids sail from £99.

Lets also not forget the most important difference....repricing!!

Its only due to covid that the UK can reprice cruises now and im pretty sure this will be removed in the future to go back to how it was before! 

16 hours ago, M101 said:

How do you access live chat? All I can see is phone numbers.

It's not obvious or easy.....

I think if you linger on the contact us page long enough, a live chat box will pop up on the bottom left of the screen.

1655574425_ContactUs.thumb.png.12145123fd093880cb1342a7a21cf29b.png

2 hours ago, carol1961 said:

Has anyone actually managed to get this drinks package at £40 PPPD using live chat ?

Yes, I ordered it yesterday. It was added to my balance (although I had already paid the balance of the cruise).

2 hours ago, Marga said:

I spoke to them just now. Even though I am European, I booked through an American website and my booking is not eligible.

So, not valid for cruises booked in/through the USA.

Everybody of us booked through an american website???

3 hours ago, DAVIE1969 said:

Booked Anthem from Southampton next month.They want nearly £2000 for 2 people for 14 nights.Absolutely scandalous.Our first cruise and we get hit by this.

Yes this was a bit of surprise when we booked our first cruise recently, though ours is only 5 nights. Would have been nice to have known this at time of booking. I'd wait until they do a sale when the price comes to around £50pppd (or less if they offer that!). You will still pay around £1,400 for the trip though, so depends how much drinking you're planning on doing! You might find that by the end of week 1 you're not at the same pace that you were earlier in the cruise...

Big thank you to @Stephen!

When I finally managed to get on chat this morning the operator was rude and completely useless. The agent refused to check the offer, quoted £360pp as that is what the system says, and would not look into this Facebook promotion at all. Genuinely a terrible experience on chat.

I decided to call whilst waiting for responses from the chat agent, and the lady I spoke to immediately acknowledged the offer at £275pp and added to the booking!! The difference between the two channels was night and day.

Big saving on the drinks package for our first RC Cruise on Wonder next week (29 May) from Barcelona. Thanks again Stephen for sharing!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just to bump this up again, they are still offering the £40 promo (£275 for 7 night sailing).  I had to call because the chat person said they only process over the phone.  They refunded my previous booking and added the new one at the lower price.  I could just about fall over at how good a deal this is.

• 2 weeks later...

For cruises out of Haifa currently, the Refreshment package is $14USD/day, deluxe beverage is $39USD/day, soda package is $6USD/day, the Key is $13.99/day, and the internet packages are super cheap as well. I snapped up stuff for all five of my future cruises. 

Not sure if it's a glitch or not. The extreme prices are only for things with daily prices. I know they're having a sale right now but it claims it's much less a percentage off. I had already bought Refreshment package at $30/day a few days earlier, so I canceled that. And I think the deluxe package was around $67/day. 

10 hours ago, Steve C said:

This promotion has been relaunched for 2023 European sailings of > 7 nights at £43 pppd so happy days! You can only book it by calling RC to be added to your booking but it works!

FB_IMG_1661963038829.jpg

FB_IMG_1661962976295.jpg

So is it available on only the ships listed or all ships, we're sailing on Explorer in 2023, hopefully that would be included?

24 minutes ago, Mike.s said:

So is it available on only the ships listed or all ships, we're sailing on Explorer in 2023, hopefully that would be included?

My take on it would be all ships and they are just pointing out that the 4 listed are included.

On 9/3/2022 at 9:15 AM, Steve C said:

It says ALL ships including so to me its any ship with a 7 night or longer sailing in Europe. We have added it to our Symphony booking for April so it is available.

Just added it to our Explorer cruise from Venice, now trying to add it to one from FL next February.

@Steve C where did you see the flyer, despite being on the Royal mailing list we get virtually nothing from them.

3 hours ago, Mike.s said:

Just added it to our Explorer cruise from Venice, now trying to add it to one from FL next February.

@Steve C where did you see the flyer, despite being on the Royal mailing list we get virtually nothing from them.

It was on a Facebook group for a sailing we are on. It 100% works as we have added it to our booking for next April.

Hi all,

This is my first post and have learnt lots from checking out all your answers so Thank you,

I have the delux drink package booked for my cruise in April from barcelona on the symphony,, cost 71 euro a day each coming to 980 euro

I rang royal Caribbean earlier,,was on hold for about 50 mins and they cancelled original package and will refund the 980,,added new one on my booking for 706 euro.

So a big Thank you Steve C 👍👍👍

I phoned RC and managed to get the Deluxe package for my 12 day cruise on Anthem out of Southampton this coming October for £40 per night 😃.🥂🍸

For my 14 day cruise, again on Anthem from Southampton next July, the price is £43, but when I called to book it the total price was coming up wrong @ £700 each, so £50 per day! I’ve to call back next week when they hope to have fixed the computer issue. So not sure how people above managed to book when I could not!!  I was told the offer is on until end of this year, so plenty of time….

Also, my family in Australia have booked the same cruise as me for next July (we booked our rooms at the same time so that we are next door to each other) but they cannot get the same deal ☹️ I’m not sure if I can buy this on their behalf at the same price ….! I’ll ask when I call next week.

• 4 weeks later...