Checked in this am, Royal up already!

I've looked up Royal Up for all my cruises, and it has been available well before check in.  Only 1 time I have ever received an email from RoyalUp to do a bid.  
Interestingly I have a Celebrity cruise booked and on their Moveup site it says you cannot submit a bid more than 30 days prior to the cruise.  When I have tried, more than 30 days out, a message pops up and says you must be within 21 days of your sailing.  

2 hours ago, Kellyrich said:

We are new to cruising so I have no idea how it works. Since we are new I picked the cheap route, but would love for one of my Royal up buds to be accepted and surprise the kids. We shall see!

your bid will be multiplied by 2 and everyone in your cabin moves to the new cabin.
It is great if you don't mind not knowing where you will be moved to.
I did this once and now I realize I would rather spend my money on something else, and keep the cabin location I selected  but I still find myself checking out the prices of a Royal Up.  Enjoy your cruise!

On 5/14/2022 at 1:40 PM, Pattycruise said:

I've looked up Royal Up for all my cruises, and it has been available well before check in.  Only 1 time I have ever received an email from RoyalUp to do a bid.  
Interestingly I have a Celebrity cruise booked and on their Moveup site it says you cannot submit a bid more than 30 days prior to the cruise.  When I have tried, more than 30 days out, a message pops up and says you must be within 21 days of your sailing.  

I've got a celebrity cruise in about 45 days and have tried their move up site. I enter my name and booking number and click submit.  It erases my name and booking number and leaves me on the same page without explanation. I figured I'd call if it is still doing this at 30 days out.

16 minutes ago, steverk said:

I've got a celebrity cruise in about 45 days and have tried their move up site. I enter my name and booking number and click submit.  It erases my name and booking number and leaves me on the same page without explanation. I figured I'd call if it is still doing this at 30 days out.

I have one end of July on celebrity.  Their move up site says apply 30 days out the earliest.  I know I’m well outside of that but when I try it gives me a “only available for sailings within 21 days”