Alaska cruises - drinks onboard

D Alt

I typically don’t get a drink package in Alaska.  Long port days and many of them limit a package value.  I also like to get up early and stay up later with long daylight hours to watch for wildlife and take in the scenery.   Drinking a lot makes that a challenge.  

However if you enjoy adult beverages they can make just about anything you can think of.  Hot chocolate with Baileys for example.  Go for it! 

On 5/14/2022 at 3:16 PM, D Alt said:

this is disappointing.  How about hot coffees or hot chocolate with a little somethin somethin? 

If it's limited, it does discourage me from wanting to get a Drink Package. 

If you're sailing on Quantum or Ovation to Alaska, Café Two70 has a nice little "high-octane" coffee menu that's included in the DBP!

Even when sailing on a ship with a Café Latte-tudes instead, we've gotten "Syrup" in our coffees (a la Buffy the Elf!) there or even ordered a shot of something at another bar to add to it. (Bailey's, Rum Chata, Whiskey etc.)

Buddy-Coffee.gif

I sail on Quantum next week and stuff has started popping up on the calendar. Looks like the "drink of the day" on our glacier/Juneau day is a Vanilla Spiked Hot Chocolate. The description says it's hot chocolate with Absolut Vanilla and whipped cream. So yes, looks like there is at least one Alaska/cold weather specific drink!

Although off this - what makes the "drink of the day" special? Is it on sale? The other drinks seem like stuff that can be regularly made at any bar, any time (like a rum runner), it's not like they need to stock up with any special ingredients on those days.

1 hour ago, ChanaC said:

I sail on Quantum next week and stuff has started popping up on the calendar. Looks like the "drink of the day" on our glacier/Juneau day is a Vanilla Spiked Hot Chocolate. The description says it's hot chocolate with Absolut Vanilla and whipped cream. So yes, looks like there is at least one Alaska/cold weather specific drink!

Although off this - what makes the "drink of the day" special? Is it on sale? The other drinks seem like stuff that can be regularly made at any bar, any time (like a rum runner), it's not like they need to stock up with any special ingredients on those days.

Where are you seeing the drink of the day in the app?

Drink of the day is usually $10 ish, so slight discount. 

52 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

Where are you seeing the drink of the day in the app?

Drink of the day is usually $10 ish, so slight discount. 

It's on the daily planner. My cruise starts Monday and I think it only started popping up today. I can start seeing other activities but it wouldn't let me add anything to the calendar until the cruise starts. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2022 at 8:21 PM, ChanaC said:

Looks like the "drink of the day" on our glacier/Juneau day is a Vanilla Spiked Hot Chocolate. The description says it's hot chocolate with Absolut Vanilla and whipped cream.

I can guarantee my wife will be trying this on Quantum this August. Thanks for this info!