TSA LOCKS ON LUGGAGE

We use our TSA locks on all our cruises. Unlike the airports, the port security does not open your bags and if there is a "suspicious" item they see they will hold your luggage on board and you will have to go claim it and open it for inspection. Mouthwash bottles shaped like liquor bottles and magnets stuck together in some "suspicious" shape are the biggest culprits. Know from experience. 🙄

1 hour ago, CrznTxn said:

Mouthwash bottles shaped like liquor bottles and magnets stuck together in some "suspicious" shape are the biggest culprits. Know from experience. 🙄

We have had to take the trip to the naughty room a few times.  Didn't like my C-Clamps to hang my hammock on the balcony one cruise...Thought my bottle of honey for my coffee was booze another cruise.  And the last time was last month on the Odyssey.  Luggage missing for hours and figured it was in timeout so I headed down to the  naughty room.  They scan my bag and gave it back to me...Apologized and said the port guys must of made a mistake because they didn't see anything to cause the concern...I was like...Took your four hours to realize that?

When my daughter first moved away to Florida 10+ years ago, I would stockpile toiletries that I got on sale & bring them down to her.  It was my excuse to visit!  Typically would have 10-15 full size bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc.  TSA opened my bags every trip (no idea what they thought I was doing).  So I stopped bothering with the TSA locks.  I use heavy duty twist ties to keep the bags from popping open & leave the rest to God & the TSA.