What if it rains ALL week?

Checked the weather forecast for my trip starting 5/22.  Currently it shows it raining in Eastern Florida and in the Bahamas area the whole week. I know I know, this can change and sometimes they are passing showers....

However, what to do on Oasis if it literally rains every day? 

Would a beach excursion be cancelled? Snorkeling at Cococay in the rain? 

born & raised in Miami I can tell you that the weather forecast mean absolutely nothing down here this time of year. It says 50% chance of rain from May to September & chances are it might rain at some point in the day, almost every day but they don't tend to be complete washouts. As others have mentioned, on sea days the captain does his best to stay clear of storms, but have no control over port days.

you're on vacation, don't let a little rain affect your day. The best thing about oasis class ships are all the different kinds of entertainment that they offer that aren't reliant on good weather. Happy Sailing!

My kids favorite memory of Coco is the first time we were there in a day bed on the old south beach (before the perfect day extravaganza)....it started raining and they were all like "What do we do now" as they watched all the people run out of the water, pack up their crap and leave......it wasn't a thunder storm, so I took them into the water....which was warm, and the chilly rain splashed on their faces while they swam.....20 minutes later it stopped, sun came out...and we were the only people around for the rest of the day.

Have had it rain several times on shore excursions, especially on the beach ones. During one of them I was out snorkeling and looked around and everyone had gone in and was under cover. What the heck, I was wet anyway and the cool rain just beat down on my back and kept things cool. Usually it is not like back home where rain storms are accompanied by a lot of lightning. Best time ever.

2 hours ago, luiiismdo said:

born & raised in Miami I can tell you that the weather forecast mean absolutely nothing down here this time of year. I

Absolutely agree with you.  If we listened to the weatherman...We would stay home and miss a lot of good fishing, hunting and beach days.

Only rained out Excursion we have had was in the Costa Rica "Rain Forest" of all places.  Who could have guessed it would rain in the Rain Forest!  We were soaked completely and the only rough part was when we stopped and had pictures with the Howler monkeys and the wet smell was very harsh. I still haven't figured out if the smell  was the wet Monkeys or myself?  Still had a great time and we did dry out.  

16 hours ago, rjac said:

If there is lightening ANYWHERE around stay out of the water!😎

In Kissimee back in 2005 i couldnt understand everyone standing in shop doorways not moving as the rain bounced off the ground and flashes lit up the sky! I squeezed past everyone at the doorway shaking my head and continued on my way shopping in one hand and 4 pack in the other. 

Its wet but its hot! Its not like scotland so what the hell... honestly it was refreshing.  Didn't think about the amazing lightning bolts lighting up the sky at the time and when i got into villa with the shopping bag ( 4 pack had vanished 😉 ) i still never thought about the dangers just how great i actually felt!

The older and wiser me now would definitely think about the dangers involved !!  well at least until the 2nd can was gone 🤣🤣🤣

20 hours ago, D Alt said:

Checked the weather forecast for my trip starting 5/22.  Currently it shows it raining in Eastern Florida and in the Bahamas area the whole week. I know I know, this can change and sometimes they are passing showers....

However, what to do on Oasis if it literally rains every day? 

Would a beach excursion be cancelled? Snorkeling at Cococay in the rain? 

Drink a lot more.

On 5/13/2022 at 4:30 PM, smokeybandit said:

I've never had a single day wiped out due to bad weather while on a Caribbean cruise .  In fact, I've never had rain for more than an hour (during the day) on any cruise.

Not sure how I lucked out on that.

same.