Symphony of the seas

Been on board this week. Heard there was around 5400 on board. Absolutely no complaints for this cruise. The crew have been fantastic and all meals in main dining and and one night in Hooked were great. 
Shows were Hiro,Flight,1977,Randy Cabral and two comedians. 
With that said this ship is back!

7 hours ago, Leroyr55 said:

Been on board this week. Heard there was around 5400 on board. Absolutely no complaints for this cruise. The crew have been fantastic and all meals in main dining and and one night in Hooked were great. 
Shows were Hiro,Flight,1977,Randy Cabral and two comedians. 
With that said this ship is back!

Thanks Leroyr55. We are sailing on 5/21. Have the Dinning Package. First time on Oasis Class. Looking forward to Restaurants and shows. 

We will be on the Symphony OTS April 2023 out of Barcelona...Hoping everything will be back to normal by then...

We've been on four post-Covid cruises thus far:  B2B, July/August 2021 on Celebrity Apex with 800-something passengers each time...and twice on Majestic Princess--October 2021 and April 30 2022...less than half full in October... 1800 on board last week...

Some nice parts of having an empty ship, though--no lines, no crowds, easy to get seats for anything...

We've got two more cruises this August--Vision of the Seas from Barcelona and Celebrity Summit out of Reykjavik...Summit reads as sold out, not sure how many cabins left on Vision--and we'll be on Celebrity Infinity for a Transatlantic from Rio just before Symphony...

I'd be okay if they all went off a little less than full...but, more importantly, I'd like to be rid of testing and mask requirements and any other restrictions...

3 hours ago, Jonzazilla said:

Hi everyone! Just picked our first cruise to Oasis -class. And first with kids also... Have anyone experience for ocean view balcony guarantee stateroom? What is mostly wrong with those cabins? Should I change?

Joni

Oceanview Balcony Guarantee just guarantees you at least a Oceanview Balcony Stateroom on the ship. Could be any of the Oceanview balcony staterooms. The only thing you want to be aware of with Guarantee Staterooms is that if you want a certain deck or location, I would change (upgrade or cancel/rebook) your reservation to reflect that choice. If you have a travel advisor, they can help you through that process. 

4 hours ago, Jonzazilla said:

Hi everyone! Just picked our first cruise to Oasis -class. And first with kids also... Have anyone experience for ocean view balcony guarantee stateroom? What is mostly wrong with those cabins? Should I change?

Joni

We have done several guaranteed rooms when booking balcony's and some ocean views and have never been disappointed and always ended up in a great location.

I will say though I just booked a guaranteed balcony for August 2023 on Oasis and didn't realize until afterwards that it didn't specify that it was going to be an "oceanview" balcony (in the past you picked) so I could get an inward facing balcony.  We prefer only to have an oceanview so I will just do a rebook when I see a good price and pick by room. 

Thank you for your answers! Nice to hear you have been satisfied with the cabins, I just saw a pictures where was lifeboat front of balcony and that is what i dont want to look at.. actually that is what could happen in quantum -class ships but not in Oasis -class if I have understood right? For us the seaview is important. 

Thing.   I was on Symphony 4/30-5/7. A couple of things.

1. We were told by Jordan in CK that the Solarium Bistro is suppose to open on the 5/21 sailing.

2. They said we had 5280 passengers   Approx 2300 passengers were 2 separate groups.  1600 with a Philippine finance group.  1100 with a Canadian insurance company.

3.  70s night is done on the Promenade.  We sat at the Copper Kettle.  Got there about 30 mins. prior. Sorrento is the optimal spot if you want to sit, but there were no chairs at least 45 mins prior....ticking off passengers so we they weren't eating.  A great place if you don't mind standing is by the photo kiosk.  They do the show right next to Schooners.

4. No Quest.  

5. Hiro is ending their run.  I believe the new aqua show starts 5/21. We saw them practicing on our cruise during the afternoon.  It looks like its going to be 80/90 music. I also believe Hairspray  will start than also.

6. Schooners sing along nights were amazing as always, but our piano player was ending his tour so this week has a new one.  He did a Billy Joel, Elton John Neil Diamond tributes.

7. Chops impo has gone downhill.  We tried it twice and both times I would rate it as poor.  Service was slow, food came out cold.  Trust me I was excited to go there just for the goat cheese salad is my absolute favorite.  We ate at CK the night before and i purposedly ordered the steak so we can compare it to Chops the next night.  At CK came out med/rare.  Chops it came out med to medium well even though we asked for med/rare.   We waited so long for our food we just accepted it and mived on.  Chops Branzino is one of my favorits, the skin was not crisp and it was luke warm.  If you eat there ask for a table outside.  Its terribly noisy in there.  It does not have that cozy steakhouse feeling like it does have on the Freedom class. The tables outside on the Park makes it feel cozy.

8. 150 is amazing...order the lamb wellington.  Jamie's is amazing too.  No complaints.  Hooked was eh for me, but my husband loved everything they served him, oysters, lobster roll and clam chowder soup.  I would say the soup is great.   

---- Ask any of them for a dessert to go.  They will gladly give them to you. We did that every night.  Playmakers will also allow you to do this....order wings and take it back to your room for your late night snack.

9. Try Vintages for your pre dinner drinks.  It is so cozy.  They will bring you a charcuterie board.  They get a 10 out of 10 for me.  Trellis bar too

10. Be smart when returning to the ship on port days.  There are 2 gangplanks.  St.Maarten, St. Thomas go to the aft .  everybody sees the 1st one they see.  Go to the next 1 . here's why, it will take you to another elevator bank and you won't wait forever.  For Coco Cay go to the bow gang plank. same reason.

11. If you can get the Thermal spa at a good price, DO IT.  Sea days we went to the pool in the a.m went to the spa before we got ready for lunch. The rain she were is so amazing.  On port days we would go straight to the spa.  Spent time on the beds, steam room and hit the shower to get the saltwater off. I had a JS,so we had a full bathtub.  If you have a cabin with that shower tube there is another beauty to it.  The locker room has showers . they give you nice robes too.  

12. Pool towels can be delivered to your cabin ....just ask the day before.  If you are going to the Beach Club no need to take towels they have them there.  If you can only afford 1 excursion The Beach Club is a must.  I have done loungers, beach beds, cabanas.  We got it for 89. per person.  Negative if you like snorkeling go to Chill.

Now for my bad

1. I have sailed on many classes, but I would say that I hoofed it almost everytime on this cruise compared to my other cruises.   The elevators were packed.  It was really annoying by the end of the week.  You can see the banks packed complaining on the pool deck ...15 that it skipped them for going up.  HELLO how about you walk it 1 flight to the WJ....I will touch upon this later.

2.  Sapphire Beach excursion is not worth the $$$.  This excursion felt like I entered a run down hotel site, but because of the beach they milked it for everything they could.  Beach was amazing.  No good snorkeling.

3. Chair hogs...no new tHing.  4 passengers complained in the Solarium regarding the covered beds. Someone placed towels at 6 am. At 8 2 different passengers approached the attendanAt 8:00 I approached at 8:30 and was told the clock started now...the other 2 came up and said I came to you at 8.   They tried to avoid, but everyone kept on them.  I get it, they don't want to address the passenger, but in the end they faced us.  They did remove their stuff.  Spoke to the couple that got it.  They were mad when their showed up at noon.   Where is my stuff ?   They not only took the bed, but 2 loungers.  Nobody cared about the loungers.  Attendant said here it is, you can't leave it for 5 hrs.

Seriously you have to be assertive when it comes to chair hogs

Big big thing. 

I would say 25% tested positive covid on sunday the day aftwr. believe it  was tied to 3 things

A. Elevators  seriously walk 1,2,3,4,5 flights.  

Hub and I saw maybe 1 couple on the staircase as we traversed alp week. , yet let's cram into a 6x6 elevator.  Lets cram in the elevator banks too.

B.  Be smart in the vasino. The tables they will make the ok use Pyrell, the sl ok vs the womy.

C. Pay attention to passenger----- I saw many women that did not wash their hands after editing the bathroom.