Earliest check-in??

I think it all depends on when they fully clear the ship from the previous sailing.  I suspect you have the earliest advertised check in time, but that's not to say your 11am time could not start early, if the ship is ready to start.

With more people on the ships they have started opening up earlier check-in times. We saw a 10:30 slot on our June cruise check-in and snagged it. The wife went back and checked our May cruise on a whim where we had an 11:00 time slot as the earliest but it now showed 10:30. She snagged it and now we can start enjoying our vacation a little earlier. It is the little things in life that give us the greatest pleasure. 😃

2 hours ago, Kellyrich said:

Our check in window opened at midnight, I was on my phone ready and got the 11:00 spot, which I'm assuming is the earliest.  Would you arrive earlier than that or do they not really start letting people on the ship until 11:00?

FYI: This might be the earliest check-in time available RIGHT NOW. When I checked us in on the app just after midnight for our Odyssey cruise, noon was the earliest time available. A few days later, 11:00 became available on the app. (Good news is you can update to another time!)

I had thought for sure we would be in the earliest group to board. To my surprise, other passengers had 10:00 & 10:30 check-in times when we arrived on embarkation day!

18 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

I keep checking but 11:00 remains the earliest available to us.

Are you checking on the app? When I checked yesterday, I was able to move my time up to 10:30 on the app and printed out my updated sail pass.

3 hours ago, CruisingNewb said:

Same.

just keep checking. i have an upcoming sailing on symphony may 28. 45 days out checkin opened but boarding times did not. 34 days before sailing boarding times opened up & like yourself 11am was the earliest. Just last week, 21 days before sail date10:30 am opened up.

i think it has to do with capacity & the more that we get back to pre-covid sailing numbers of passengers, they'll open more time slots as they've had success with the timed boarding

7 hours ago, Al F said:

If your sailing on the Ovation out of Seattle it doesn't matter what your checkin time is everyone shows up early and it's chaos. You won't see a RC employee anywhere outside amongst the sea of people. The ship doesn't leave port on time because it's so bad. 

You need to pay the guy from Bayonne to go to Seattle with his megaphone.....he'll get boarding done appropriately.
It doesn't help when in the FB groups people say to "show when you want".  It invites the chaos.
I've done a lot of sailings out of Bayonne and all my FB groups there are people saying "show when you want".....LOL  and I warn them it's not true.  I know not everyone is in the groups but I must say I appreciate my "megaphone man" and his cohort that check your set sail pass to ensure only those who can enter do and I equally enjoy those who are turned away.  Especially when they get on the line after he shouts his rules and they get to the front thinking they will get past the rules.  Nope, off the line for you!.  

22 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

They should make a rule that for every half hour prior to your assigned time that you try to check in you're prevented from sitting by the pool or ordering a drink for 1 hour.

I like it. We need penalties for those who don't go to muster too.

I drive to PC in about an hour but I'm not letting people who choose to not follow rules stop me from taking the earliest time I can get and arriving on time since that is my preference.

Anyone who would prefer to arrive later, by all means, do so. I don't find it stressful, just annoying.

I have arrived later, when I can't fly in the day before and it is still a mess around 1pm. The great part is I can usually do muster and head straight to my cabin. I loathe people who don't do muster. All 5 of my last sailings with the new eMuster have had Captain announcements of 500+ pax who hadn't done it. They need to have their drink package on hold until they complete it.