About quad rooms

Sez

So are all the quad rooms now only fold out sofa beds (cruising in Australia), I am very disappointed as who wants to share my kids dont and paying all that money and you don't even get a proper bed. Anyone else feel the same.

On 5/13/2022 at 9:19 PM, Mr. Green said:

I believe it will depend on the ship and type of room. I know some ships have the bunk beds that fold out of the wall, but a different room category may have a fold out bed from the couch. 

Both ships in Australia have only fold out loungers I checked. Its all the new ships that do. 

On 5/12/2022 at 10:11 PM, Sez said:

So are all the quad rooms now only fold out sofa beds (cruising in Australia), I am very disappointed as who wants to share my kids dont and paying all that money and you don't even get a proper bed. Anyone else feel the same.

You might want to consider booking two connected staterooms (or adjacent even).  It probably cost a bit more, but there are definitely benefits to doing so.

1 hour ago, Peter D said:

You might want to consider booking two connected staterooms (or adjacent even).  It probably cost a bit more, but there are definitely benefits to doing so.

Sometimes the price difference isn't as much as you would think.  Often the rooms that can hold 3-4 are more expensive for passenger 1 and 2, compared to a room that only has double occupancy.

1 hour ago, wordell1 said:

I consider a pull-out couch to be an upgrade over the old pullman's.  I think most would rather that than climbing up into a narrow bed.

Kids don't seem to mind "bunk beds"; they often prefer them.  Especially if it means they don't need to share a bed with their sibling.