Pre Cruise Tour Testing Dropped

Well this takes us from 9 tests to 6. It’s an improvement but the US needs to drop it’s ridiculous testing requirement. We literally will walk off a ship that has been in the US ALL WEEK, go straight to Vancouver airport and we need a freakin test. 

Meanwhile you could drive from Seattle across the border, traisp all over Canada for 2 weeks, drive back across the border and no test required. 

Proof our government is totally dysfunctional 

11 hours ago, Jill said:

Well this takes us from 9 tests to 6. It’s an improvement but the US needs to drop it’s ridiculous testing requirement. We literally will walk off a ship that has been in the US ALL WEEK, go straight to Vancouver airport and we need a freakin test. 

Meanwhile you could drive from Seattle across the border, traisp all over Canada for 2 weeks, drive back across the border and no test required. 

I've been holding out on buying our emed tests in hopes that the re-entry test goes away, but we're about 3 weeks away now. At this point I think we'll need the two sets.

On 5/13/2022 at 7:50 PM, Jill said:

Its driving us crazy on our upcoming med cruise.   Highly recommended you bring extra e-med tests on the cruise so you can take it prior to leaving the ship to catch your flight to US.

On 5/14/2022 at 6:39 AM, melmar02 said:

I've been holding out on buying our emed tests in hopes that the re-entry test goes away, but we're about 3 weeks away now. At this point I think we'll need the two sets.

I just changed my flight home to be Seattle instead of Vancouver to avoid the stress of post-cruise testing.

4 hours ago, cruisellama said:

Its driving us crazy on our upcoming med cruise.   Highly recommended you bring extra e-med tests on the cruise so you can take it prior to leaving the ship to catch your flight to US.

We’re staying in Rome for 3 days after 

1 hour ago, Jill said:

I’m considering this. We sail a week from Friday. Not sure if it’s too late. 

May not be too late. Just how much are you willing to spend for peace of mind.  I spent more than I wanted to, but my mental justification was the cost of this cruise when I booked it is still more than what I paid at final payment + the flight change

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, melmar02 said:

Ha! Ha! They were just kidding. I got another email today and pre-cruisetour testing (embarking in Seward) is back on again. 

image.png.f2d28dee88291a7c6ec787883c73263e.png

We had to cancel our Alaska (land tour started Tuesday, board tomorrow) and as each day goes by, I’m less upset about it. Moved the booking to Harmony this Sunday. 

Too many hoops to keep jumping through and getting stuck in Canada should one of us test positive at the end. We will rebook when all this testing is done.