Chat App Age Limit

Since the chat app age limit is 13, does this also mean that our 12 year old will not be able to access the ship's internet, or is the age limit only for the chat?  I've been digging around on RC's site and don't see any limits to the internet. 

I was able to purchase the surf + stream package for all of us, but now I'm worried she won't be able to use the internet.     Do I need to cancel it?   Or, should I just plan on using What'sApp or another messenger service for our family of four to message while on the ship so that our 12 year old is included?

Thanks

5 hours ago, burbuja0512 said:

Since the chat app age limit is 13, does this also mean that our 12 year old will not be able to access the ship's internet, or is the age limit only for the chat?  I've been digging around on RC's site and don't see any limits to the internet. 

I was able to purchase the surf + stream package for all of us, but now I'm worried she won't be able to use the internet.     Do I need to cancel it?   Or, should I just plan on using What'sApp or another messenger service for our family of four to message while on the ship so that our 12 year old is included?

Thanks

You should plan to use another messaging app, simply because the Royal chat is an additional cost, even if you bought Voom. 

46 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

You should plan to use another messaging app, simply because the Royal chat is an additional cost, even if you bought Voom. 

Thanks for the info.  I assumed it was included with Voom.   Sounds like we'll go with What'sApp and I hope there won't be an issue with my 12 year old using Voom.  I guess the age limit is just for the chat?

I'm testing this next month. I'm buying voom for my wife and I, but not my daughter. Her phone will only be connected to the wifi via the RC app. She already has it installed, and we set up her account as if she were 13 (she's 12). So far, she has full access. Of course, we won't be able to test the messenger portion until we see on the ship. The 2 bucks a day is much better than a third voom account. 

11 hours ago, BigMac3001 said:

I'm testing this next month. I'm buying voom for my wife and I, but not my daughter. Her phone will only be connected to the wifi via the RC app. She already has it installed, and we set up her account as if she were 13 (she's 12). So far, she has full access. Of course, we won't be able to test the messenger portion until we see on the ship. The 2 bucks a day is much better than a third voom account. 

Please let me know how it goes.   We don't sail until August 6, so there's time to find out what happens.

Thanks