EMED/Covid Testing times from Europe

12 hours ago, Breezyclimber said:

Just to confirm, it’s “atleast 2 days prior” for vaccinated adults, so tests for a Sunday cruise can be taken after 2am Italy time on Friday or Saturday, correct?

Should we be counting the sail day or not? 

Countdown:  2, 1, 0.  Think of embarkation day  is day 0.

On 5/12/2022 at 12:49 PM, smokeybandit said:

Cargo holds in modern aircraft are temperature controlled. emed tests have a lower range of 35 degrees and cargo holds are at a minimum of 45 degrees.

Actually more concerned with luggage sitting on a hot tarmac prior to loading into the cargo hold.  Something to watch in warm sunny climates.

After consulting with my very smart wife, we may elect to do our COVID tests in Washington DC this Thursday evening at 9 pm. (Our plane departs at 10:30 pm)

UTC time would be 1:00 AM Friday and our ship sails from Ravenna on Sunday.   Anybody see any issues with this?  

@Va4fam  using the emed tests? that sounds tight to me. Is it just the 2 of you? You will do it at the airport in DC? You kind of need a table to place the test on.  You need a way to prop the phone up so the proctor can see you and see what you are doing.  There can be a wait before a proctor answers, and each test takes about 25 min once you get a proctor.  (You have to let the test sit for 15 min.) You should do both your tests simultaneously, with 2 phones.  Won’t boarding open at 9:30ish for a 10:30 international departure? Not that you have to board at 9:30 of course.  You may want to consider doing it after arriving in Italy.  Of course then you may have a surprise positive test.  To mitigate that, I would take an off the books home test on Wed or earlier on Thursday.   

I've included a copy (sans personal info) of what was loaded to my Navica app in March (test taken on 3/2/22 at 6:55am for my Wonder OTS 3/4/22 cruise), notice, the date, time AND time zone. (And yes, I see that the specimen was collected a minute before the result was recorded per the app, but I was never questioned about it)

So, if your cruise is on 6/4/22 (example) and you take your test without changing your phone to the destination time (Italy/Spain for example), the date of the test will show from where you are. (Example - if you take the test on 6/1/22 at 9pm EDT 6/1/22, that will be the recorded date of the test and invalid per Royal's pre-testing rules)

Now, if you change the time on your phone/tablet to UTC or a European time zone (there are a few, see below) and you take the test after midnight THEIR time, you should not have issues. (Example - Phone is changed to reflect CEST or Central European Summer Time which is UTC+2, which Italy and Spain are in), and you take the test on 6/2/22 at 1 am CEST you will be ok as the recorded test will show 6/2/22 which is valid as it is 2 days prior to sail date)

As has been said many many times, the DATE is what's important as that is what the port agents look at. 

(Before anyone asks, I'm going with a logical assumption here, as how else would the proctor know the date/time - I've never been asked where I am when I'm taking my tests)

negative march .jpeg

image.png

17 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

@SunnyDays......you may be right about the timetable.   We already discussed we would need a quiet place with good wifi and a place to set up our phones to do the test. 

There are 4 of us going on the trip. 

I am definitely going to do a sample test tomorrow.

@Va4famyes a quiet place with good WiFi (or cell data if you still in the US) is key. 4 people, definitely do it on multiple phones at the same time. If done sequentially, 4 could around 90+ min. I did that in Feb in Mexico, because I had to manage the husband and teens!  Haha.  Good luck & have an awesome cruise! 

37 minutes ago, SunnyDays said:

@Va4famyes a quiet place with good WiFi (or cell data if you still in the US) is key. 4 people, definitely do it on multiple phones at the same time. If done sequentially, 4 could around 90+ min. I did that in Feb in Mexico, because I had to manage the husband and teens!  Haha.  Good luck & have an awesome cruise! 

Everyone has a phone so we could do all 4 tests at the same time.  Might also change our phone settings to UTC time.