Allure of the Seas: May 14-22, Solo, Boardwalk Balcony

She Sails Away

• 3 weeks later...

I really liked reading your post. I am going on Allure in September I went on her 11 years ago and it was my first Oasis class ship and loved how big the ship was and spread out. My wife doesn't like to cruise because she gets sick, so I am going with my parents, but this time I have my own cabin, so it will kind of feel like a solo cruise for me.  We went last September on Symphony and had a grand suite.  I think this time I might follow your lead and see as many shows as possible.  I never thought about watching people on the flow rider, but maybe I need to check it out for a good laugh or how skilled some people are.  Hopefully the ship is more staffed by September.  I hate to see the crew struggle and be understaffed because they are there to please all the guest and sometimes they are tired and burnt out.  I also noticed on the SOS that the ship was warmer then I remember cruises being.  You use to get your cabin cold and cozy where it was nice to sleep.  I will have a Central Park Balcony cabin, so I think it will be fun to sit out there at night and listen to the entertainer and people watch.  I'm excited that the ports we are stopping I have never been to.  In Aruba I will be doing Snuba for the second time.  Last year I did it in St Thomas and it was awesome!!! We always do snorkeling trips, but this is so much better cause you can just stay down and explore.  I am looking forward to relaxing, eating and drinking this cruise!!!

@dustfsuFunny you mentioned the temperature. We were in 1748 and it was warm, the hallways and elevators were hot even when no one was on them.  We used the stairs as much as we could to avoid the traveling sardine cans but the ship was really warm, I kept thinking another cost saving measure for sure. I was hoping they weren't doing the same to the poor crew on the lower decks. Have an amazing time. 

7 hours ago, dustfsu said:

I really liked reading your post. I am going on Allure in September I went on her 11 years ago and it was my first Oasis class ship and loved how big the ship was and spread out. My wife doesn't like to cruise because she gets sick, so I am going with my parents, but this time I have my own cabin, so it will kind of feel like a solo cruise for me.  We went last September on Symphony and had a grand suite.  I think this time I might follow your lead and see as many shows as possible.  I never thought about watching people on the flow rider, but maybe I need to check it out for a good laugh or how skilled some people are.  Hopefully the ship is more staffed by September.  

Super! I hope you’ll blog about your trip here so we can ride along! Snuba sounds fun! I would like to try a Central Park balcony sometime-I hear it’s great at night. I’d be interested in how the staff situation is by then. Enjoy!

6 hours ago, Neesa said:

@dustfsuFunny you mentioned the temperature. We were in 1748 and it was warm, the hallways and elevators were hot even when no one was on them.  We used the stairs as much as we could to avoid the traveling sardine cans but the ship was really warm, I kept thinking another cost saving measure for sure. I was hoping they weren't doing the same to the poor crew on the lower decks. Have an amazing time. 

I mean I know they want to get out of the "red" because they took a big hit during the pandemic, but they would have to know they would get back in the black or green, so why not have your customers feel cool and comfortable in the Caribbean.  Hopefully my cabin can stay cool. Plus side is I won't leave the balcony door open like my dad does and let all the cold air out, drove me crazy because it would take the cabin a while to recover.

5 hours ago, She Sails Away said:

Super! I hope you’ll blog about your trip here so we can ride along! Snuba sounds fun! I would like to try a Central Park balcony sometime-I hear it’s great at night. I’d be interested in how the staff situation is by then. Enjoy!

I probably won't do a blog, but I will try to remember to do a review when I get back.