Crown and Anchor points

Hello,

This is my wife and my first Royal Caribbean cruise since our honeymoon 30 years ago ( we’ve been on a few other cruises on other cruise lines since). I’m more OCD than my wife so I already have the app on my phone, she doesn’t. I signed up for the crown and anchor society and the app shows I have 15 points. Are those points for both my wife and I or are they my points and she’ll get points when she signs up? We booked a seven day cruise so shouldn’t I have seven points. Sorry if this question is basic, but I’m confused how it works.

Crown and Anchor points are per person. So, your wife would have a separate account (if she isn't already signed up or doesn't sign up pre-cruise, she'll be automatically enrolled) and will accrue points based on sailings.

Typically, if you are sailing with 2+ people and staying in a standard cabin (Inside, Oceanview, Balcony) you get 1 point per person per night. If you are travelling by yourself in a standard cabin OR staying in a suite with 2+ people, you get 2 points per night and if you are travelling by yourself in a suite, you get 3 points per night. 

I don't know if this will work as your last cruise was so long ago, but if you log into Royal Caribbean, you should see an option for past cruises - 

image.png.0f30b5558be3416331c1f2c2de15bf02.png

And it will tell you how many points you've earned for every cruise you've been on

image.png.ddfad7bb9f8a69cceaf13e7c86b4d011.png

Here's the link to the Crown and Anchor section of the Royal Website for more info. Crown and Anchor Society | Cruise Loyalty Program | Royal Caribbean Cruises

18 minutes ago, TheRick said:

I’m not thinking I have points for a past cruise. I was wondering why I got double points. Maybe a promotion I didn’t realize or a reward for first timers.

It should show you in "past cruises" on your C&A page as shown above.  My 20 year old cruise shows 1 point, but actually adds 8 to my total.

25 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

Cruises from that long ago had a different point system and converted differently.  My 7 day cruise from 20 years ago is 8 points for some reason.

Point conversion circa 2011

1-4 Credits = (Credits x 7) + 1
5-7 Credits = (Credits x 7) + 3
8+ Credits = (Credits x 7) + 13

Math in your case (1x7)+1=8

Poster's case might be (2x7)+1=15

18 hours ago, TheRick said:

I’m not thinking I have points for a past cruise. I was wondering why I got double points. Maybe a promotion I didn’t realize or a reward for first timers.

Just to clear things up you only get points after you complete a cruise so these points have to be from your past cruise