I won another Royal Up....BUT!! HELP!

So on my upcoming Oasis trip, I won a RU for $80 -Going from a Boardwalk View (AFT) #7325 last room behind rock wall - probably a porthole window to an Oceanview #7518  all the way forward. Both 7th deck. 

The interior boardwalk view is 194 SF.  The OV is 179 SF. 

The boardwalk view room is last room AFT Port side, not sure of what my view will be looking out to the promenade. I doubt I'll see any water but maybe some through Aqua Theatre?

The OV is all the way Forward Starboard side, like 4th window in..railing is outside window according to pictures. 

I'm not seeing much of an upgrade here. The room is smaller. The view isn't going to be that good? It's hard w/o seeing things in person. But I have been Forward on my past 2 other cruises and would like to see what it feels like in another part of the ship. 

If i cancel, there might be a chance I lose the one I had too. 

Who is very familiar with Oasis and these rooms ? @Matt

Stay or "upgrade"? 

I agree with you that this does not seem like an upgrade to me.  I don't think you could possibly have had a view of the water or the AT from a Promenade view room.  Did you mean Boardwalk rather than Promenade ?

I really do not care for rooms at the front of the ship so I wouldn't want that at all...but that's just me.  I guess you would at least have some kind of view of the ocean with an OV  room but it looks like (from your stats above) that the room is actually smaller than your original one.

This is why I always advise to be very careful with RoyalUp.  Sometimes people win a RU and then end up with much less than they thought they would.

So are you considering paying for a regular upgrade ?

Not sure why my TA said this could be canceled but i guess the upgrade is final and non-refundable.  So can't change this if i wanted to. 

Moderator you can close this one out.  But cautionary tale to those bidding on a RU.  Be sure you outweigh the risks of changing rooms. 

37 minutes ago, D Alt said:

Not sure why my TA said this could be canceled but i guess the upgrade is final and non-refundable.  So can't change this if i wanted to. 

Moderator you can close this one out.  But cautionary tale to those bidding on a RU.  Be sure you outweigh the risks of changing rooms. 

I think that's stated in the wording when you bid.  That's why I only bid on rooms I know would definitely be an upgrade with the understanding I may get a worse location.

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I agree with you that this does not seem like an upgrade to me.  I don't think you could possibly have had a view of the water or the AT from a Promenade view room.  Did you mean Boardwalk rather than Promenade ?

I really do not care for rooms at the front of the ship so I wouldn't want that at all...but that's just me.  I guess you would at least have some kind of view of the ocean with an OV  room but it looks like (from your stats above) that the room is actually smaller than your original one.

This is why I always advise to be very careful with RoyalUp.  Sometimes people win a RU and then end up with much less than they thought they would.

So are you considering paying for a regular upgrade ?

Turns out Royal is calling Boardwalk View Interior rooms Promenade View Interior on Oasis. Don't know if it's specific to the ship or something fleet wide?

Back to the general conversation, something I've created for personal use is a spreadsheet workbook listing the cabins (non-accessible) found on ships I'm sailing on, along with their cabin and balcony sizes, for easy comparison for Royal Up'ing. I've attached a slightly modified (so it looks good standalone) cabin listing for Oasis as an example. Even without getting into spreadsheets, it's worth spending some time looking at the deck plans for the ship and its cabins before bidding so you've got an idea about what and where you might be purchasing. Royal ranks cabins for RU, from what I've seen, from interior to ocean view to balcony to suite. They don't consider what I'd call actual cabin desirability. For example, take the following cabins from Adventure of the Seas. Is bidding on a Spacious Ocean View Balcony worth it if you're already in an Ocean View Balcony? I'll let the numbers speak for themselves (though there's some personal preference here too).

Ocean View Balcony, Cabin: 198 sq ft; Balcony: 46 sq ft
Spacious Ocean View Balcony: Cabin: 203 sq ft; Balcony: 42 sq ft

Cabin-Balcony Sizing - Oasis.png

2022-05-11_21-11-17.png