Air2Sea Schedule Change additional charges

If flight schedule changes after final payment, am I on the hook for additional charges incurred by the rescheduling?? I booked flights at a good price (all on BA) through Air2Sea but I received a notification that Air2Sea will be in contact about rescheduling my flight (upto 30 days due to current level of enquiries). I can see through the BA website that one leg of my flights has been cancelled, but there are no realistic alternatives still with BA, and all alternate routings with different carriers are considerably more expensive

On 5/11/2022 at 12:15 PM, Toby said:

I do not have an answer for you other than re-read the terms and conditions for Air2Sea very carefully to help determine what happens in your case.

I agree with this statement AND I would be prepared with flight info you are interested in as opposed to what they may offer you in the hopes they can make it work. I prefer to be prepared than to try to have something shoved at me that I cannot see the choices to.

Air2Sea is the same company as Celebrity Flights by Celebrity.  IF you cannot see flight options for you on the Air2Sea site see if you can find an identical itinerary on Celebrity and check out Flights by Celebrity to find pricing/flight availability.   I do this by clicking on FInd a Cruise, then find the cruise I am intersted in and click on  itineary and Flights and then scroll to the bottom and click on Get a Quote.  

Interestingly, in light of the statement that "we are experiencing extremely high call volumes" and you can expect updated flight details in 30 days,  I just called Air2Sea, and got through to an agent in less than a minute! 

I don't have a resolution yet, but only because the onus is on the airline to provide alternatives

1 hour ago, smd_143 said:

Interestingly, in light of the statement that "we are experiencing extremely high call volumes" and you can expect updated flight details in 30 days,  I just called Air2Sea, and got through to an agent in less than a minute! 

I don't have a resolution yet, but only because the onus is on the airline to provide alternatives

So did you find out if you're subject to additional charges due to changes?

“No additional charge if the airline can find an alternative”. I will be interested to see what is classed as a reasonable alternative. My view on reasonable vs the airline may vary! BA is part of One World alliance, and the alternatives I see make what was an 11H flight with 1 connection flight, into around 23H with 2 connections or even overnight(this is from Copenhagen back to Toronto, so an overnight coming east to west would be unusual)

• 1 month later...

I think I finally have this resolved!! Air2Sea taking my regular phone calls to get some action have patiently liaised on my behalf with British Airways. BA are taking 5-10 working days to provide updates so if you are in the same situation be aware as we were back and forth for the last 6 weeks or so

I was offered alternative routing from Copenhagen/Heathrow/Chicago/Toronto which is a significant over flight plus there was a long layover in Chicago. Not only that, but BA put us in Economy when we had paid for Premium Economy, with no offer of reduced airfare. I told Air2Sea that BA’s offered reschedule was not acceptable and either refund me 100% without cancellation fee,  or get me back in Premium Economy that I had paid for, or Business if Premium Economy was not available. 

The latest schedule and  hopefully final,  is now a slight detour to Philadelphia and Premium Economy re-instated. 

My advice is to be patient with Air2Sea as it seems to be the Airlines dragging their heels. 

Sidenote - RCCL needs to sort their phone system, I’m guessing it’s VoIP based, I had such poor call quality and frequent dropped calls