exemption

34 minutes ago, ILivin4cruising said:

If I have an exemption how likely will it be accepted?

Guessing that you are talking about a medical exemption in lieu of vaccination ?

If so, unless your exemption is a life-threatening allergy to the vaccine itself, then no.  That seems to be the only medical exemption that Royal is approving.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, ILivin4cruising said:

What if it is an religious exemption?

One of our sons tried the religious exemption...Found a preacher on the internet who for $10 bucks provided him with a very well written letter why Royal should grant his request.  Royal said nope and he ended up cancelling his cruise.  We knew it was a lost cause from the start...Lol 

Does anyone know if they have updated the language in this FAQ page?  The title suggests a religious or medical reason is needed, but the details below don't give a list of circumstances that would be accepted.  Did that exist there at one point?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/who-should-i-contact-if-a-vaccine-is-contraindicated

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2022 at 8:34 AM, TXcruzer said:

There are no religious exemptions, sorry

I am a travel agent and I have a guest who just returned from a cruise using the religious exemption.

This is what he just sent me:

All we had to do was a PCR three days prior to sailing and they gave us a complimentary rapid test at the port with the unvaccinated kids prior to check in. The only thing that was unexpected was yesterday morning they called our state room and asked us to go to deck 4 dining hall to get another complimentary rapid test with the unvaccinated kids prior to disembarking. No discrimination or rules. Once on board there was no way to tell us apart from anyone. 

In order to apply (subject to approval, of course) you need to call the special needs department and request a "Vaccination Attestation" on which you can select whether it is a medical or religious exemption request.

On 5/29/2022 at 10:05 AM, sdfried said:

I am a travel agent and I have a guest who just returned from a cruise using the religious exemption.

All we had to do was a PCR three days prior to sailing and they gave us a complimentary rapid test at the port with the unvaccinated kids prior to check in. The only thing that was unexpected was yesterday morning they called our state room and asked us to go to deck 4 dining hall to get another complimentary rapid test with the unvaccinated kids prior to disembarking. No discrimination or rules. Once on board there was no way to tell us apart from anyone. 

In order to apply (subject to approval, of course) you need to call the special needs department and request a "Vaccination Attestation" on which you can select whether it is a medical or religious exemption request.

My point was, there is no major religion that disallows vaccines; there should be no religious exemption to cruise.

Be careful when using the exemption.  There’s a person in one of my FB groups who received an approval, then a week later it was reversed.  The 2 family members had submitted a medical exemption….and they were in their own cabin.  They could get a refund, as would anyone in their cabin if they chose to not go, but the rest of the party -in other cabins-was expected to sail.  I pulled the wording from the policy and it’s exactly that. 

6 hours ago, Carotthat said:

What should a religious exemption be? This is getting completely weird.

Can I have a religious exemption not for stopping at a red light?

Religious exemption would be any religions that don't allow science to interfere. So, these religions won't take cancer treatments, blood infusion, vaccines, medicines etc. because they go against God's will. 

So.........pray extra hard that you can make it through that red light.

On 5/29/2022 at 10:05 AM, sdfried said:

Very good to know. We should have word on our exemption request in the next week or so. We're "meh" either way, but at least if we don't get the exemption then we will have no trouble getting back all of our money and FCCs, so that's great!

As to there not being any religions that tell you not to take the vaccine, that's not what a religious exemption means. Interestingly enough this very thing was decided on by SCOTUS years and years ago in another context. So basically everyone has a religion, it's just your set of moral values by which you live your life. It doesn't have to be a recognized religion or anything like that, so definitely no one should feel like they have to provide a piece of paper from a clergy or anything like that. And since the cruise lines are allowing 10% of the ship to be unvaccinated you can pretty much guarantee you are cruising with people who are not vaccinated. I'm glad to hear there's no way to tell them apart from anyone else, that's great news and was definitely something I was concerned about.

As to taking a religious exemption for not stopping at a red light, you could sure try, stranger things have happened. 🙂