Port Canaveral- Idea for hotel or beach stay?

JenL11

We are traveling on Anthem of the Seas and our first stop is Port Canaveral, Florida and we really just would love to spend the day at a beach or hotel relaxing in the sun.  Any suggestions for an excursion or a nearby beach or hotel that we can make arrangements to head to once the ship docks?  Thank you so much!

Holiday Inn by Jetty Park (had a small lazy river and water slide last I heard).

Jetty Park is the closest beach and would probably suffice (there may be a small fee. Has showers and bathrooms).

Cherie Down Park, on Ridgewood Ave (has a shower and bathrooms).

Cocoa Beach Aerial Adventure.

Golf & Gator.

Escape Cocoa Beach (escape room).

Grills Seafood Deck & Tiki Bar.

The Radisson Resort in Cape Canaveral.

Rusty's Oyster Bar, if you're into oysters.

Any beach will work, they're all the same (I've grown up on them). Most close to the port don't have showers or bathrooms. Some people enjoy the Cocoa Beach Pier, never been myself.

There are a few kayaking tours in the area.

Airboat tours can be fun as well.

Have fun whatever you end up doing!

I thought more about it and wanted to clarify, we have no private beaches, like some resorts in Jamaica or elsewhere. Jetty Park may have chair rentals and such. The Radisson has no access to the beach, but has a pool. And I'm not sure about the Holiday Inn. Our beach skyline is condos/apartments/time shares. Alan Shepard Park in Cocoa Beach (at the end of state road 520) should have showers and bathrooms and I think 2 restaurants.

The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort that Resting Birds mentioned looks amazing. My parents own a timeshare at a sister property in Orlando and we have always loved it there.  Been angling to do a weekend staycation there to check it out myself.

The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort that Resting Birds mentioned looks amazing. My parents own a timeshare at a sister property in Orlando and we have always loved it there. Been angling to do a weekend staycation there to check it out myself.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, the Orlando one is awesome. Spent a day there with my in-laws. The Cape Canaveral one is much smaller, but still a fun day.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, the Orlando one is awesome. Spent a day there with my in-laws. The Cape Canaveral one is much smaller, but still a fun day.

Good point.  It is worth noting some rooms overlook the channel where the ships come in and out of.