New post cruise survey question RE: Health and Safety protocols

I just completed my survey for my past week's cruise on Oasis out of Bayonne.
Interesting in that there was a page that had: check the following and you could only select one (wording may be off)
I am aware the health and safety protocols are set by Royal Caribbean
I am aware the health and safety protocols are set by the CDC
I am not aware of how the health and safety protocols are set (or something to that effect)

Again, you can only select one.

Set by Royal, though I know the CDC is an influence.....it was interesting they added this question.  I do not understand the "why" they decided to start asking it.  I've been sailing since the restart and this is the first I've seen this type of question when doing the survey.

I know the number of Covid positive is very high on the ships at this time.  Do they think passengers will be blaming them or the CDC?  Or do they think we are unaware of the positive cases and we give credit to Royal or the CDC?
Trying to figure out the "angle" of this question.

2 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

I just completed my survey for my past week's cruise on Oasis out of Bayonne.
Interesting in that there was a page that had: check the following and you could only select one (wording may be off)
I am aware the health and safety protocols are set by Royal Caribbean
I am aware the health and safety protocols are set by the CDC
I am not aware of how the health and safety protocols are set (or something to that effect)

Again, you can only select one.

It's a multiple choice test question.  All may be right but you have to chose the best answer.  😆🤪  🙉🙈🙊

19 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

I know the number of Covid positive is very high on the ships at this time.  Do they think passengers will be blaming them or the CDC?  Or do they think we are unaware of the positive cases and we give credit to Royal or the CDC?
Trying to figure out the "angle" of this question.

Don't know where your cruising from but I'm on my 4th cruise in the last 7 weeks and the number of cases is as low as it has been since the restart, both among crew and passengers.

That question was on my last weeks survey also and I had to think hard to decide as I know the CDC recommendations have a big influence, I think the most correct answer was "I am aware the health and safety protocols are set by Royal Caribbean"

14 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

Don't know where your cruising from but I'm on my 4th cruise in the last 7 weeks and the number of cases is as low as it has been since the restart, both among crew and passengers.

That question was on my last weeks survey also and I had to think hard to decide as I know the CDC recommendations have a big influence, I think the most correct answer was "I am aware the health and safety protocols are set by Royal Caribbean"

I follow some FB groups, specifically for the saiings I have done (out of Bayonne) and some other general.  The reported cases post cruise-starting on the day people disembark-have been going up.  It is an observation. I have been doing these sailing since the fall.  Starting in March the #'s increased, significantly.   It is also amongst the crew.  Royal used to announce the cases onboard (before January) and that went by the wayside.   At the end of  March sailing  I watched them pushing the food cart with the packaged food for the sick crew through the kids dining room into a closed corridor.  A friend and I did a little sleuthing and came across the sign further down the hallway that had warnings of Covid.  Each night that cart had more food trays.  I spoke with my stateroom attendant last week on my Oasis sailing (the ship just came to NY from FL for the season) and he let it slip that there were many crew members sick.

In January they stopped tests for those who needed them to fly home, now they have stopped testing their B2B cruisers. My opinion those people testing positive  raised their "must report Covid numbers".  Find the list of ships that are no longer "green" and you can see the color change-though read it carefully to understand the % to get to a certain color.  https://www.cruzely.com/cruise-ship-covid-status-tracker-daily-update-chart-news-and-possible-cases/
  One sailing, last week the ships doctors would not take anyone else to test who had reported they self tested positive for covid.  Apparently they were overwhelmed with requests.  My inference, they did not want those numbers to become official in reports to whatever health authority they may be reporting to. 

If I did not follow the FB groups for my sailings, know what to look for and speak to my stateroom attendant  I would think Covid was non existent on the ships too..