BREAKING NEWS, maybe

Once again my wife is telling me something she is reading from her May 13th roll call on the Ovation (Facebook).  People are saying that when you are filling out the ArriveCan form on-line, the Port of Entry must be "Ogden Point, Pier A & B, Victoria, B.C. Canada.  I'm wondering if that's part of the issue why there have been long lines and waits to process at the Terminal in Seattle. And if you make a mistake while filling out the form, you can't correct it, you have to delete and start over.  I'll be filling mine out tonight at about 10:00 PM and will find out for sure as I do make a lot of typos.  I guess I'm going to have to slow down and check my work 😄

If anybody has any further information, I/we would appreciate an update.  Just one more little stress factor.

A quick look at Google Earth and the pier does say "Ogden Point":

image.thumb.png.00230373c0ab5b4a084a8635d658ed15.png

9 minutes ago, rbdavis3591 said:

I successfully filled out the ArriveCAN for the May 13-19 Ovation of the Seas cruise on the mobile app and also received email confirmation.

1961203859_Screenshot2022-05-10090627.jpg.26c695d34975af276f0b7ffa04c470d7.jpg

I also did an unofficial COVID test today (May 10th) before the official proctored COVID test tomorrow (May 11th). NEGATIVE!

1668935085_Screenshot2022-05-10091437.thumb.jpg.8a2df9bb27c6a5c9fed3d8b099abf27d.jpg

What Canadian Port of Entry did you use?  Just Victoria or Ogden Point .........?  Does your receipt show your Point of Entry?  What I'm most concerned about is when you get to the terminal.  If your receipt only says, "Victoria, B.C., Canada" (that's if the receipt shows the Port of Entry at all), but the people checking you in at the terminal are looking for Ogden .........., are they going to required the process to be done over again, thus holding up everything/everybody else behind you/us. 

It would be great if the Port of Entry on the form was a drop-down with options to pick from.  But, we are talking about a government entity here.  

So if the ArriveCAN registration is causing hold ups during embarkation, and the port info is questionable, why not fill out everything else and just finish registration at the terminal? Is the port entry info a king process??? I can’t imagine it taking more than 5 minutes once everything else has been uploaded.

I think part of it is had I not been lurking on this website desperately passing the time until my cruise, I would have had no idea this was necessary. The rest of the people in my group certainly had no idea.

And yeah... If it takes 5 minutes for everyone in line to fix, and they don't know it's a problem that needs fixing until they talk to a specific person, that's gonna be a big problem.

20 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I'm still confused. You have to have the app filled out prior to boarding on embarkation day.  But it says 72 hours before entering Canada.  If the port stop isn't until Day 6 or 7 of the sailing, how does that work?

It also says, "or within 72 hours of embarkation".  Or similar wording.  

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html

How to use ArriveCAN

Who needs to use ArriveCAN

All travellers, with limited exceptions, whether entering Canada by air, land, rail or marine vessel, must use ArriveCAN unless you're exempt from this requirement due to an accessibility need.

You'll need to submit your information within 72 hours:

• before your arrival to Canada
  • and/or before boarding a cruise ship destined for Canada

I did my Arrivecan B.S.  Somewhat a pain in the a$$.  

1. Yes, you have to put in Ogden Point.......  But, when you start typing Ogden a drop down gives you several options, including Ogden.

2. Whenever you have to put in, United States of America, it auto fills with United States of America Outer Islands Or some such stuff.  I had to delete the extra stuff about the U.S.A. and then a drop down shows and it has as an option, " United States of America", period.  But, it doesn't stop there.  If you go on and accidently touch your touch pad in the wrong pace, the U.S.A. automatically changes back to the U.S.A. with the Island crap attached.  So, be careful.  I didn't notice it and I had to start over when I noticed at the end it asked if I had traveled to, or maybe it was from, The United States of America Outer Islands in the last 14 day, OR whatever it was.  BEFORE you click on NEXT, go back up and check EVERYTING.

3. As far as I could tell/find, there is no way to look at your account and see if you filled everything in correctly.  So, be slow and careful.  

4. I talked to our Genie today and I told him that I wasn't going to get off the ship in Canada.  Without anything else being said, he immediately said that we still need to have the form ready at the embarkation terminal.  I guess he thought I was trying to get out of doing the form.  I just wanted him to know that we would be on the ship all day.  

5.  There is a place to click on to help find the Canadian Port of Entry, skip it and just start typing the Ogden.  The assistance is just too confusing, imagine that.

NEXT HURDLE:  COVID TESTS IN THE MORNING!  

Did anyone figure out if we needed to do the Arrivecan if we are departing Vancouver on 1 way Alaska cruise with no other Canadian ports.  Obviously will have to do it before flying into Vancouver a couple days prior to the cruise, but I have heard mixed messages if we need do it for Embarking on 1 way cruise to Alaska.

We do have an excursion into the Yukon scheduled from Skagway and suppose we will need to do it then.  Hopefully the cell signal from Skagway will be OK to accomplish that the morning off, or perhaps we will try from the port prior just to make sure.  

2 hours ago, Ken Edgar said:

Did anyone figure out if we needed to do the Arrivecan if we are departing Vancouver on 1 way Alaska cruise with no other Canadian ports.  Obviously will have to do it before flying into Vancouver a couple days prior to the cruise, but I have heard mixed messages if we need do it for Embarking on 1 way cruise to Alaska.

We do have an excursion into the Yukon scheduled from Skagway and suppose we will need to do it then.  Hopefully the cell signal from Skagway will be OK to accomplish that the morning off, or perhaps we will try from the port prior just to make sure.  

I don't know if this will fully answer your questions.  But, the link may provide more information.  If not, there is a phone number you can call to ask your questions.  

• Telephone: 1-833-283-7403 (toll-free from Canada or the U.S)

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html

If you don't submit your information through ArriveCAN

If you don't submit your information through ArriveCAN, you may be denied:

• boarding if arriving by air or by cruise ship
  • entry into Canada if crossing at a land, rail or marine border crossing (if you are a foreign national travelling for discretionary purposes)

Canadian citizens, permanent residents, persons registered under the Indian Act and foreign nationals eligible to enter Canada under another entry exemption (such as foreign work, study, compassionate grounds) will not be denied boarding or entry, but you:

• won't be eligible for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption
  • may face additional delays at the border for public health questioning
  • may be subject to fines or enforcement action