First time cruiser - booking drinks & wifi packages

Hi all

I am debating whether to book drinks and Wi-Fi packages now (offered 30% off the refreshment package and 20% off Wi-Fi), or whether to wait and see if there is a better offer before I sail (October).  I don’t know how good a deal this is, and have seen some comments about booking, then if there is a better discount later, to cancel and rebook.  Is this definitely the case for drinks and wifi packages, or could there be cancellation charges etc?  All advice gratefully received!

First and foremost, don't pay any attention to what they say the "percentage off" is.  Just look at the advertised price.  It's always best to book right away when you know you want to reserve something.  If the price goes down you can always cancel and rebook, but you protect yourself against a price increase or it being sold out. There are no cancellation charges.

If you know you want it, book it now.  if price does go down you can cancel and immediately rebook at lower price at no charge, it does take upto 7 business days for the refund back on card.  And the base price can and does go up.  Our next cruise the drink package started out at $76 a day, its now upto $105 a day.

Just to add: if you are outside the USA (I'm European) the Euro-Dollar exchange rate is very bad at the moment. So if you do cancel and rebook, you get a refund in Dollars but maybe for less than you paid because of the exchange rate. I lost 38 euro on my last cancellation and rebooking.