Can't Remember Something....

Ship time and local time aren't always the same.

Added: That being said, if a ship is going to be spending a majority of the sailing in a different time. Normally they'll adjust ship time to match the time zone. Looking at the Compass @twangster for Serenade they adjusted time on morning of day 3 then adjusted again morning of day 7.

14 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Ship time and local time aren't always the same.

So, as I though, the ship's time is constant, it doesn't change with the time zones?  I understand if the ship is repositioning, there may be some changes.  But, a Caribbean or Alaskan cruise, it stays the same regardless of port of call?  

7 minutes ago, 10-42 said:

So, as I though, the ship's time is constant, it doesn't change with the time zones?  I understand if the ship is repositioning, there may be some changes.  But, a Caribbean or Alaskan cruise, it stays the same regardless of port of call?  

I've done Eastern Caribbean where time was kept on EST (-5) while the ports were AST (-4). Was sailing on Wonder when Daylight Savings Time started and we didn't change time until morning of day 6. This was due to ports visiting on the Western side not observing DST. Had we shifted time on Sunday morning we would have been two hours ahead of Roatan (CST -6) vs EDT (-4).

34 minutes ago, 10-42 said:

I tried a search in Royal's site and all it returned was, Excursion Times are in Ship's time.  So, what I can gather from here is that, IT DEPENDS.  

6 hours ago, 10-42 said:

Yep, for sure!

6 hours ago, 10-42 said:

I tried a search in Royal's site and all it returned was, Excursion Times are in Ship's time.  So, what I can gather from here is that, IT DEPENDS.  

Checking the Ovation of the Seas current 8 night cruise calendar of events the ships time changes twice:

1. Day 2 at 2:00 am the ships clocks are set back one hour to  Alaska Daylight Time
  2. Day 7 at 2:00 am the ships clocks are set ahead one hour to Pacific Daylight Time

If your concern is whether an excursion vendor knows when to get you back to the ship, I wouldn't be worried.  Their business won't survive if that's something they can't figure out.  They know you're in port for X hours and generally will schedule the excursions to be back 1 hour before departure.  All aboard time is typically 30 minutes before departure.  If you are venturing out on your own, just make sure your watch/phone is set to the ship's time and automatic time zone adjustments are turned off.  As you leave the ship, you can always confirm departure time by asking "we have to be back in 6 hours, right?"

12 hours ago, BeachGal said:

@10-42 on a trip along the Mexican Riviera, ship time moved forward two nights in a row to keep up with local time, and then back to PST on the way back to LA.

We had the same experience on Navigator in April.  We flew from CDT to PDT to cruise out of LA.  Ship time went to MDT for stops in Cabo and Mazatlán.  Ship time went to CDT for stop in Puerto Vallarta.  We then had two cruising days back to LA where the ship time rolled back an hour each day, so we were back on PDT when we reached LA (kinda nice for sleeping in on those Days at Sea).  We then flew back to CDT on day of disembarkation.  Lots of adjustments on my watch for that trip!

As mentioned in previous responses, there are a lot of notifications onboard when the ship time is going to change (Cruise Director announcements over the PA, notes left in the keycard slot of your stateroom door, Cruise Compass, etc.)