Drink Prices

DAM

27 minutes ago, DAM said:

? Pertaining to Deluxe Beverage Package, states only covers drinks up to $12.00. How much exactly are frozen drinks/ glass of wine? Ty

Most frozen drinks are $13 onboard. The package covers up to $13 now on most ships.

For glasses of wine, they always have a couple that fall within the drink package limits, but they do have some that are above the price range.  If you ordered a $15 glass of wine, you would end up paying the $2 overage plus 18% gratuity on that, so $2.36.

• 5 months later...

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/royal-caribbean-drink-prices

Dated 10/11/2022:

Drink Price
Beer $7.49 (American); $7.99 (Import)
Glass of wine $9.00 - $25.00
Bottled water $2.25
Cocktail $10.00 - 14.00
Hard Cider $7.25 - $7.99
Can of Soda $3.25
Drink of the Day $8.00
Latte $4.25
Bottle of water (500 ml) $3.25

The drink of the day is a cocktail that gets about a 25% discount from its normal price.

50 minutes ago, FireFishII said:

Dated 10/11/2022:

Drink Price
Bottled water $2.25
Cocktail $10.00 - 14.00
Hard Cider $7.25 - $7.99
Can of Soda $3.25
Drink of the Day $8.00
Latte $4.25

The drink of the day is a cocktail that gets about a 25% discount from its normal price.

This is off.  Sailed Oct 23 thru the 30th. DOD was $11. Soda was $3.50. All fancy cocktails (Manhattan, Old Fashioned type stuff) were $14. Mrs Fan asked for "house: chardonnay and it was always $11.

45 minutes ago, FSUFAN said:

This is off.  Sailed Oct 23 thru the 30th. DOD was $11. Soda was $3.50. All fancy cocktails (Manhattan, Old Fashioned type stuff) were $14. Mrs Fan asked for "house: chardonnay and it was always $11.

I just read the fine print on my DBP:

"Package includes any single beverage item with a value of up to $13 for select ships and sail dates."

So does that mean I just can't get an Old Fashioned? I never thought that was a fancy cocktail.

13 minutes ago, memebag said:

"Package includes any single beverage item with a value of up to $13 for select ships and sail dates."

So does that mean I just can't get an Old Fashioned? I never thought that was a fancy cocktail.

According to the article I quoted above, Old Fashioned is $14. If your DBP only covers up to $13, then I would think that you would only be charged the extra $1. But my math may not be the same as RCL math.  LOL!

49 minutes ago, FSUFAN said:

I just wanted to say I enjoy when you call your wife "Mrs Fan" I find it very sweet. Sorry for the interruption, back to our regularly scheduled discussion boards. 

2 hours ago, FireFishII said:

Dated 10/11/2022:

Drink Price
Bottled water $2.25
Cocktail $10.00 - 14.00
Hard Cider $7.25 - $7.99
Can of Soda $3.25
Drink of the Day $8.00
Latte $4.25

This is not correct as a bottle of water was $2.99+ grats on my last sailing in Sept. Then a few weeks later the regular drink price went to $14. 

1 hour ago, memebag said:

DBP now covers drinks up to $14, the website verbiage is outdated. You will only be charged the difference for drinks over $14.

51 minutes ago, KJones said:

DBP now covers drinks up to $14, the website verbiage is outdated. You will only be charged the difference for drinks over $14.

Thanks! I’m mostly a beer and a shot kind of drinker, but it seemed a little suspect to not cover mixed drinks.

Bought a 12 pack of water for the room for the Voyager sailing last week and paid $11.99.

I was looking at doing the same for Quantum sailing in June. I look every day (retired with too much time on my hands) Then they listed it in the planner one day last week as "sold out" at the $11.99 price. It was not listed before. Now they are advertising, Evian water, 12 pack for $22.99.  😡

21 hours ago, FSUFAN said:

Bought a 12 pack of water for the room for the Voyager sailing last week and paid $11.99.

I was looking at doing the same for Quantum sailing in June. I look every day (retired with too much time on my hands) Then they listed it in the planner one day last week as "sold out" at the $11.99 price. It was not listed before. Now they are advertising, Evian water, 12 pack for $22.99.  😡

Consider carry on of your own if that works for you.

5 hours ago, FireFishII said:

Ouch - my back is already hurting just thinking about carrying a 12 pack of water during the embarkation day.  🙂  

I've found that a maximum size, underseat airline rolling luggage bag is perfect for 12 bottles less than 17 floz in volume and two protected wine bottles. Specifically, I'm using  the American Tourister 4 kix expandable softside luggage, underseater. Can't say how well it'll hold up in time, but with the cost of soda and wine aboard, it's a savings of around $45 USD (or more if you're drinking expensive wine) even after the cost of the bag and drinks.