set sail pass

You don't NEED to print it, you can use the app and/or take a screen shot or save it to your Apple wallet (if iPhone) for quicker access.

You can also rely on an e-mail of your covid test results.

You do need to print luggage tags of course.

All that said, many people choose to print out those items anyway b/c it can actually be faster to just have the printed versions in hand along with your passport and vax card rather than spending time scrolling through your phone. Sometimes the old fashioned way still works better but your call.

If you print your set sail pass be sure to reduce the scale of the print to 78 to 80 percent so it will print on two pages. With all the safety information they now include it spills over onto a third page which cuts off the barcode. Use the printer properties and change the scale prior to printing. I have all three with me on sail day, printed copy, on phone and on a thumb drive as a last resort. But that is just me.

24 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

That's funny. My wife has always just "laminated" them using clear packing tape. This time she declared "no more taping" and ordered an 8-pack of those to split with her parents.

I myself use the tag holders you show but I still laminate them with packaging tape.  Depending on the type printer you use to print the tags, the ink can sometimes leach onto your tag holders and create a mess. Especially when I forget to remove them after a trip or on a summer trip in high humidity.

38 minutes ago, Psycho and Barb said:

@OCSC Mike, Totally agree.  We had a tag torn off one cruise...Talk about a nightmare trying to get our bag.  We now only use the plastic tag holders that attach with wire rope.

Sponsored Ad - Cruise Luggage Tag Holder Zip Seal & Steel Loops for Royal Caribbean & Celebrity Cruise | ID Badge | Waterp...

Just ordered these myself!!

3 hours ago, Michelle1121 said:

Do I need to print my set sail pass or can they scan it right from my app for my whole family? What exactly DO I need to print? Just luggage tags?

You don't "need" to but do you really want to possibly delay your embarkation process due to slow connection low battery or a thick thumbs? I just print mine and have them ready to go and I am through the line in less than 5 min. I would have my set sail pass, my neg covid test and my passport all together and ready to show them as I pass through. I have never had a problem. 

16 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

You don't "need" to but do you really want to possibly delay your embarkation process due to slow connection low battery or a thick thumbs? I just print mine and have them ready to go and I am through the line in less than 5 min. I would have my set sail pass, my neg covid test and my passport all together and ready to show them as I pass through. I have never had a problem. 

Yep, I'll do everything in advance and make everything accessible (in other words, in my hand(s)) at the baggage drop off and inside the terminal.  I don't want to delay anything for me, my party, or ANYBODY ELSE!  Common curtesy goes a long way!

17 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

You actually don't even need to print luggage tags.  The porters have blanks and will fill in your room info that you give them.

Unless it's Port of Los Angeles where there's a huge line to get luggage tags because porters don't have them on-hand.

That's an exception, but since then I've thought twice about not printing luggage tags

18 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

You actually don't even need to print luggage tags.  The porters have blanks and will fill in your room info that you give them.

We've never gone this route. We always have our tags done and on our luggage when we get to the terminal. With ships heading back to full capacity, it gets really crazy when dropping off luggage. 

7 hours ago, LovetoCruise87 said:

We've never gone this route. We always have our tags done and on our luggage when we get to the terminal. With ships heading back to full capacity, it gets really crazy when dropping off luggage. 

We never have also and wouldn't unless we messed up big time and somehow forgot our luggage tags...Hope it never happens.  

Just some helpful info, maybe.  

When I was in the Army, we always put a copy of our official orders inside our luggage/duffle bags when we traveled, for identity purposes.  I've carried that over in civilian life by putting an extra copy of my luggage tags, or airline ticket, or cruise documents inside of every bag just in case the baggage is lost AND the luggage tags got pulled off.  At some point someone will open the baggage and see the tags immediately as I put them right on top.  I'm very thankful that it's been a small labor that hasn't had to be used.  

On 5/9/2022 at 10:19 AM, OCSC Mike said:

You don't NEED to print it, you can use the app and/or take a screen shot or save it to your Apple wallet (if iPhone) for quicker access.

You can also rely on an e-mail of your covid test results.

You do need to print luggage tags of course.

All that said, many people choose to print out those items anyway b/c it can actually be faster to just have the printed versions in hand along with your passport and vax card rather than spending time scrolling through your phone. Sometimes the old fashioned way still works better but your call.

How far out from the cruise can you print every thing (except the COVID test results)? Thanks