Who has the highest drink package?

With the price of the drink packages going up I wanted to see who has the highest price. Here is mine for a 4 night on Allure for November next year

image.png.b9bd5911e19e3c367ebfe9203b8ed76e.png

Can anyone beat this? It seems that I am always the lucky one and have to always pay top dollar for the drink package no matter how far out my sailing is.

4 hours ago, Dimension said:

Can anyone beat this? It seems that I am always the lucky one and have to always pay top dollar for the drink package no matter how far out my sailing is.

I checked all 6 of my upcoming sailings that are listed in my Cruise Planner and congratulations, you win!

Even my furthest out booked cruise, which is a Royal Caribbean Blog Group Cruise (and they should know better), is only at $80.99.

I think everyone should hold off on beverage packages for 2023 cruises. Right now, they have set the prices at a high point to gauge what consumers are willing to pay. I can't imagine many of you want to pay $80+ for the DX. So, I am sure they will decrease, as long as people don't pay the high prices.

Wow, all of yours seem very expensive in comparison to mine. I'm paying €42 per day for my deluxe drinks package. Leaving on 19/09/22 from Rome to the Greek Isles. 

I got that rate after I called the company to book they cruise and they added it to the rate. When I look at the online offer, it's a lot more expensive.

Well, there was this one time we actually got the DBP for a ridiculously cheap price!  Apparently, someone at RC made a HUGE booboo and dropped the drink package to maybe in the $30 range.  My brother in law told me to check it out and we purchased it, we're not big drinkers but it was a hell of a deal.  We ended up getting the package for around $400 for a 7 day cruise.  Well, RC realized the mistake and sent out an email saying they made a snafu but would honor everyone that bought it.  The cruise was originally planned for December 2020 and we all know how that ended, we didn't get to keep that package but were given FCC.  Pretty sure that mistake won't happen again.

14 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I think everyone should hold off on beverage packages for 2023 cruises. Right now, they have set the prices at a high point to gauge what consumers are willing to pay. I can't imagine many of you want to pay $80+ for the DX. So, I am sure they will decrease, as long as people don't pay the high prices.

Yeah I have to believe the drink package is going to stop being a good choice for a lot of people when the cost goes up $20+/person/day unless they simultaneously increase drink prices pretty drastically. 

15 minutes ago, Toby said:

Is there a drink price limit attached to the Crown & Anchor drink vouchers given to Diamond, Diamond+, Pinnacle tier members?

Yes.  I believe it reflects the highest "regular" prices....something in the neighborhood of $13.  My guess is if (when ?) they increase the base price of drinks, they will also increase the value of the vouchers.  All just guesses, of course.

Ours has been fluctuating for Harmony in July. I didn't even know this was a concern until I saw the recent video about the risk of not buying in as soon as you know you want it. This is our first cruise, so I missed out on it when it was $69.99 pp/per day (pre-watching the video). It jumped to $72.99 when I ended up buying (after getting educated on this) and it has since gone up to $77.99. We're going with family that are avid cruisers and they had no idea this was even a thing. At least I cashed in on a price drop for the refreshment package we booked for our kids and saved around $116. It seems that prices have been changing each Wednesday, so I keep watching just in case it drops again. 

On 5/11/2022 at 5:17 AM, RDU said:

Well, there was this one time we actually got the DBP for a ridiculously cheap price!  Apparently, someone at RC made a HUGE booboo and dropped the drink package to maybe in the $30 range.  My brother in law told me to check it out and we purchased it, we're not big drinkers but it was a hell of a deal.  We ended up getting the package for around $400 for a 7 day cruise.  Well, RC realized the mistake and sent out an email saying they made a snafu but would honor everyone that bought it.  The cruise was originally planned for December 2020 and we all know how that ended, we didn't get to keep that package but were given FCC.  Pretty sure that mistake won't happen again.

We had gotten the glitch drink package for $17/pp, but it was for our May 2020 cruise that got cancelled.  I was so sad. I highly doubt that mistake will ever be made again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2022 at 10:37 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes.  I believe it reflects the highest "regular" prices....something in the neighborhood of $13.  My guess is if (when ?) they increase the base price of drinks, they will also increase the value of the vouchers.  All just guesses, of course.

We just got off the Symphony on Saturday and went to Vintages (our favorite) every night and used at least 2 vouchers of our 5 vouchers per day and met up with some of the same nice people each night and paid approximately an additional $2 per glass.  I have a huge love of wine.  My husband loves wine and beer.  We did the ultimate dining package and also bought 2 bottles of wine with the 40% off of a bottle of wine under $100 which we thought was fantastic.  The food coma is real!  We ate at 150 twice, Hooked twice, Chopped, and Jamies, Hibachi for dinner and Jamies, Hooked, and Hibachi for lunch!   Delicious and not super packed at all.  We were the first sailing with Hairspray which was wonderful.  Flight of course is spectacular.  We loved Hiro and the 2 ice skating shows.  Very, very full cruise.  It was really nice to get back on a cruise ship!

• 4 weeks later...

They've gone up fast. Paid $50 a day in February. My November cruise is $72 now  ($67 when on sales special).  I hit Diamond after my February cruise since I got 44 points  for an 11 night cruise.  So I'll forego the package since I get the four free drinks and I'll bring the allowed two bottles of wine onboard.