Why is this happening???

My 1st cruise with Royal is July 22 on Oasis.  I am not receiving any emails from Royal that are specific to my cruise.  I am getting the emails from the marketing server that want me to book more cruises so I know they have my contact information!  I found out through a Facebook group that my itinerary has had changes in port arrivals/departures. Now I am concerned about other news and information that is pertinent to my cruise that I will not receive.  I have emailed Royal and have not gotten a reply [boo]. I have told my travel agent about this and she has emailed her inside contact and has not gotten a reply.  This is frustrating because I literally don’t know what I don’t know. What deadlines are coming that I don’t know about?  Final payment was about 2 weeks ago, nothing from Royal as a courtesy reminder - thankfully my TA is on her game and let me know. I’m trying my best to be fully engaged with Royal and make a permanent change from the D cruise line but this is not a good start.  Anyone else go through this?  Any advice?  I do not have the time to go through every message board and facebook group to piecemeal the important details that i need.  Send help!  S.O.S!

45 minutes ago, Scott_gunerman said:

My 1st cruise with Royal is July 22 on Oasis.  I am not receiving any emails from Royal that are specific to my cruise.  I am getting the emails from the marketing server that want me to book more cruises so I know they have my contact information!  I found out through a Facebook group that my itinerary has had changes in port arrivals/departures. Now I am concerned about other news and information that is pertinent to my cruise that I will not receive.  I have emailed Royal and have not gotten a reply [boo]. I have told my travel agent about this and she has emailed her inside contact and has not gotten a reply.  This is frustrating because I literally don’t know what I don’t know. What deadlines are coming that I don’t know about?  Final payment was about 2 weeks ago, nothing from Royal as a courtesy reminder - thankfully my TA is on her game and let me know. I’m trying my best to be fully engaged with Royal and make a permanent change from the D cruise line but this is not a good start.  Anyone else go through this?  Any advice?  I do not have the time to go through every message board and facebook group to piecemeal the important details that i need.  Send help!  S.O.S!

I've fount that Royal basically divorces itself from you when you have a TA.  The only emails I get from them and I cruise next week, is about health precautions and such.  Your TA is supposed to be your single point of contact for your cruise.  Your TA should be CALLING Royal for information and passing it on to you.  Not you calling Royal.  It's their job.  I can't even call Royal and get them to send me an up to day invoice.  But, my TA can get it in minutes.  

Suggestion, get on-line and do a mock reservation on the cruise you are supposed to be on.  See for yourself. If it has changed, I'd be very upset with my TA for #1 not knowing about it and #2 not providing you with current information.  

I get and have been getting emailing from my TA almost weekly. The more I hear about other people's TA, the more I'm getting satisfied with my TA, whom I haven't really liked until now.  

I'm not asking who your TA is.  But, I'd like to know what kind of TA it is.  Is it a local TA or a nationally known TA that deals primarily with cruises via the internet or phone?  I know that my local TA down the street knows a lot about booking hotel rooms, airline tickets, some tours, maybe some all inclusives, etc.  But, they are very limited in knowledge and experience when dealing with the specifics of cruise booking and maintaining a cruise booking.  There are obvious exceptions.  By far the worst TA office I've been in is our local AAA TA and insurance office.  They were clueless.  The other Ma/Pa TA down the street wasn't much better.

For reasons which I have never been able to understand, some of my Royal emails go directly to my trash can.  They are normally the ones that relate directly to my booking (Cruise Planner purchase confirmations and booking confirmations, etc.).  They never miss getting the promo emails to the right spot though !

So I would recommend that you take a look in your trash can and see if they may be going there.

I will agree with others - once you have a travel agent, all update emails go to them. The issue may be, the emails may not go directly to your individual agent but to a general email in the company. Which mean the email has to go from Royal to General company to all TAs to all clients of a TA and it may get lost in the shuffle.

The most you can do, I think, is to check in regularly with your TA about any updates/changes/notices etc that may have come out.

My next cruise is not until Dec 2022 and I get weekly e-mails from RCL about that sailing wanting me to book this and that. heh all of my packages have been booked since last November. i check but there have not been any better deals. 

I have had e-mails from my TA about fare changes when they have happened. Not much but $100 better than a sharp stick in the eye.

4 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

For reasons which I have never been able to understand, some of my Royal emails go directly to my trash can.  They are normally the ones that relate directly to my booking (Cruise Planner purchase confirmations and booking confirmations, etc.).  They never miss getting the promo emails to the right spot though !

So I would recommend that you take a look in your trash can and see if they may be going there.

There are many email services so you may need to research (Google is my friend) how to unblock the RCCL emails from your email spam list as you may have accidently marked one of your emails from RCCL as spam and your service could be blocking any future emails from that specific address as spam as well. It could also be a trigger word that RCCL has in its email that your spam filter picks out and sends it to the spam folder.

I used to get updated invoices from their automated system when I made a payment.  Now I do not nor do I get an initial invoice when I book a cruise.  I have used the automated system to get invoices but now I can't do that either.  It seems the first time I use the automated system to get an invoice is the last time.  After that I am identified as using a travel agent (which I did not) and I have to speak with customer service directly.   

30 minutes ago, Toby said:

I used to get updated invoices from their automated system when I made a payment.  Now I do not nor do I get an initial invoice when I book a cruise.  I have used the automated system to get invoices but now I can't do that either.  It seems the first time I use the automated system to get an invoice is the last time.  After that I am identified as using a travel agent (which I did not) and I have to speak with customer service directly.   

I have called about this issue and RCCL stated that they no longer send Invoice updates nor do they show your invoice online.  I do not nor have I ever used a TA so that would not be my issue. I usually call if I make an update such as a payment and request an updated Invoice.  I have also received an updated invoice when I make a significant change such as a room upgrade but again, this is only when I call. I did get a new invoice automatically when I won a RoyalUP  Bid last week!

On 5/9/2022 at 12:05 AM, 10-42 said:

I've fount that Royal basically divorces itself from you when you have a TA.  The only emails I get from them and I cruise next week, is about health precautions and such.  Your TA is supposed to be your single point of contact for your cruise.  Your TA should be CALLING Royal for information and passing it on to you.  Not you calling Royal.  It's their job.  I can't even call Royal and get them to send me an up to day invoice.  But, my TA can get it in minutes.  

Suggestion, get on-line and do a mock reservation on the cruise you are supposed to be on.  See for yourself. If it has changed, I'd be very upset with my TA for #1 not knowing about it and #2 not providing you with current information.  

I get and have been getting emailing from my TA almost weekly. The more I hear about other people's TA, the more I'm getting satisfied with my TA, whom I haven't really liked until now.  

I'm not asking who your TA is.  But, I'd like to know what kind of TA it is.  Is it a local TA or a nationally known TA that deals primarily with cruises via the internet or phone?  I know that my local TA down the street knows a lot about booking hotel rooms, airline tickets, some tours, maybe some all inclusives, etc.  But, they are very limited in knowledge and experience when dealing with the specifics of cruise booking and maintaining a cruise booking.  There are obvious exceptions.  By far the worst TA office I've been in is our local AAA TA and insurance office.  They were clueless.  The other Ma/Pa TA down the street wasn't much better.

I have not called Royal once and my TA is an absolute rock star that I trust with every possible situation.  I found her over 10 years ago in The Unofficial Guide To Walt Disney World where she was recognized as one of the top TA’s in the country!  

21 minutes ago, Scott_gunerman said:

I have not called Royal once and my TA is an absolute rock star that I trust with every possible situation.  I found her over 10 years ago in The Unofficial Guide To Walt Disney World where she was recognized as one of the top TA’s in the country!  

I remember that book - I thought that a guy wrote it (I remember it was written with humor). Or did my memory fizzle during the last decade?! 🤓🤯😂 Def possible! 😊 So wonderful that you found such a good TA !

18 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

I remember that book - I thought that a guy wrote it (I remember it was written with humor). Or did my memory fizzle during the last decade?! 🤓🤯😂 Def possible! 😊 So wonderful that you found such a good TA !

It’s the greatest resource for anyone interested in the Walt Disney World Resort!  One of the co-authors is Len Testa, who was on the WDW Today podcast with Matt [and a few other guys] many years ago.  The Unofficial Guide also publishes books for Disney Cruise Line, Washington DC, Las Vegas and probably other places too.  If you’re ever going to a destination they cover, its must reading.  Absolutely the best non-biased coverage you can find [my opinion].  Thanks for the reply!

15 minutes ago, Scott_gunerman said:

It’s the greatest resource for anyone interested in the Walt Disney World Resort!  One of the co-authors is Len Testa, who was on the WDW Today podcast with Matt [and a few other guys] many years ago.  The Unofficial Guide also publishes books for Disney Cruise Line, Washington DC, Las Vegas and probably other places too.  If you’re ever going to a destination they cover, its must reading.  Absolutely the best non-biased coverage you can find [my opinion].  Thanks for the reply!

Ah, that was what I remembered, your post said “she” referring to the TA that you found so I was making sure it was the book that I remembered 😊👍🏼 Being a long-time GS resident, I’m to the point I’ve been to WDW enough that I am okay not go go back again 😂 but glad to know that they offer guides for other cities. 

41 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

Ah, that was what I remembered, your post said “she” referring to the TA that you found so I was making sure it was the book that I remembered 😊👍🏼 Being a long-time GS resident, I’m to the point I’ve been to WDW enough that I am okay not go go back again 😂 but glad to know that they offer guides for other cities. 

Yea, she was listed as a recommended TA along with others.  I recall contacting a few of them to help plan my 1st ever trip to WDW and she replied first so I gave her a chance and she’s been a legend ever since.  What is a GS resident??? 

9 hours ago, Scott_gunerman said:

Aww I used to love reading the Unofficial Guide!!  What a fun read! 20+ visits later, I feel like I could write one myself 😁

8 hours ago, Scott_gunerman said:

Yea, she was listed as a recommended TA along with others.  I recall contacting a few of them to help plan my 1st ever trip to WDW and she replied first so I gave her a chance and she’s been a legend ever since.  What is a GS resident??? 

As you likely already guessed it was a typo, it was GA resident (neighboring FL) 👍🏼

20 hours ago, twangster said:

You don’t have to look very far on the internet to see guests experiencing IT related issues on Royal. Email is part of IT.  I wouldn’t try to analyze why or what you may have or don’t have as root cause.  It’s Royal.  

Really hope this cruise goes well, i do like the idea of their loyalty program and once I relocate to Florida this would be a lot of fun to rack up the points and increase status to get the good perks!

8 minutes ago, JennyB said:

When you book through a TA, if you have your reservation# and other info from the TA, can you not access your cruise info on royalcaribbean.com?  This is a valid question.  I am truly curious.

What kind of information do you mean ?  You can access all of the Cruise Planner options, etc.  The only thing you really cannot see is your balance due and things related to finance.  Other than that, there is no difference between looking at your booking online with or without a TA.

7 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

What kind of information do you mean ?  You can access all of the Cruise Planner options, etc.  The only thing you really cannot see is your balance due and things related to finance.  Other than that, there is no difference between looking at your booking online with or without a TA.

I was asking just because I was reading through the first few comments on this thread and then started to wonder.