What are your top 5 things that you can't live without on a cruise?

7 hours ago, AdventureKenandCar said:

On our upcoming cruise in July, with 2 adults and 2 teenagers, we have decided on a Family Rule:

If anyone has to do #2, walk to the common bathrooms (outside Windjammer, etc.) and do it there.  If convenient.  We ALL share the same space!  And besides, those bathrooms are more spacious, and better ventilated.

Ube a good planner

1). That little black dress she wears that makes me as dizzy as the first time I met her.

2). A live band that starts playing swing music at 5PM and finishes sometime after midnight.

3). My soulmate ... that is critical for points 1) and 2).

4). Friends travelling with us.

5). A bartender that will listen to me explain for 20 minutes how I want my martini prepared (and have it ready every day at 5PM).

Simple life and simple needs ... CAN'T WAIT TO GET ON THAT SHIP!!!!

Curt from Canada

1 hour ago, 10-42 said:

We've never done this before but we got the "behind the ear" patches from our Dr., and CVS.  Knowing we are going/cruising on the Northern Pacific and it can get really rocky this time of the year (we embark this Friday), we thought it's better safe than sorry.  We are going to put them on before the ship leaves the dock.  I understand they work better if you start before you get sick.   

They do work better. We use the patches, he gets car sick so he will put it on the morning we leave to drive down to Fort Lauderdale.

19 hours ago, 10-42 said:

We've never done this before but we got the "behind the ear" patches from our Dr., and CVS.  Knowing we are going/cruising on the Northern Pacific and it can get really rocky this time of the year (we embark this Friday), we thought it's better safe than sorry.  We are going to put them on before the ship leaves the dock.  I understand they work better if you start before you get sick.   

Here is some unsolicited advice: 

1) bring medical or food prep gloves. Wear them when putting on the patch to prevent the medication from getting on your hands. 

2) Try the patch BEFORE the trip to see how your body will react. 

3) if you don't have a good experience with the patch,  cut off 1/4 of the patch.  Yeah,  I know they tell you not to do this but it was a life saver for me. 

4) IMMEDIATELY after putting in the patch, take off the gloves AND WASH your hands. Especially stay away Finn your eyes until you have washed those hands. I also wash the scissors I used. 

5) after 3 days, remove the old patch and put a new one on behind the other ear. 

6) Bring dramamine or bonanine just in case the patch does not work for you. 

Enjoy your trip! 

17 hours ago, 10-42 said:

LOL, that makes me wonder, if you take a medication preemptively and you don't get sick, how do you know it worked?  LOL

Oh,  believe me.  If you have ever been sea sick,  you will know that the patch is working.  In fact, I have once stood at the bow wondering why I am not sick.  Amazing feeling! 

2 hours ago, FireFishII said:

Here is some unsolicited advice: 

1) bring medical or food prep gloves. Wear them when putting on the patch to prevent the medication from getting on your hands. 

2) Try the patch BEFORE the trip to see how your body will react. 

3) if you don't have a good experience with the patch,  cut off 1/4 of the patch.  Yeah,  I know they tell you not to do this but it was a life saver for me. 

4) IMMEDIATELY after putting in the patch, take off the gloves AND WASH your hands. Especially stay away Finn your eyes until you have washed those hands. I also wash the scissors I used. 

5) after 3 days, remove the old patch and put a new one on behind the other ear. 

6) Bring dramamine or bonanine just in case the patch does not work for you. 

Enjoy your trip! 

Oh,  believe me.  If you have ever been sea sick,  you will know that the patch is working.  In fact, I have once stood at the bow wondering why I am not sick.  Amazing feeling! 

Good info, thanks

Us men are so lucky when it comes to packing for vacations compared to women. 

Personally the only thing i need is my phone ( which i dont use as a phone while on vacation) its my camera and It holds all of my vacation information. Thats it, the simple life with no distractions ! Its all i need ....😀

Dried Ginger in case any in our group get queasy (probably Bonine too)

The allowable 2 bottles of wine for Mrs Fan

Wide Brim hat

Extra pair of glasses (reminds me that I need to see my eye doctor and get my prescription updated)

My laptop (its bigger than a tablet, but still quite small and light)

1. Small fan to at least move air- essential

2. Heavy duty baggage tags- first cruise on oasis class ship (allure), my flimsy baggage tags got ripped off after I dropped with the porters and I had to wait until 11 pm for my bag to show up at guest services and I had to carry/roll it myself. Never again!

3. lanyards

4. usb hub

5. pens and markers- have to fill out cards or paperwork in cabin and it wasn't easy to get ahold of writing utensils so now I don't forget.

P.S. Bingo daubers! I got tired of rebuying $$ and now I just keep a 'cruise' bag and those get brought on to every cruise.

Hat with a brim. No ball cap. 

Sunscreen & Sunglasses. 

Insulated mug. Not huge, but larger than the glasses in the Windjammer.

Phone & Tablet w/ chargers.

Appetite. 

I usually throw a lanyard into my bag, but I virtually never use it. I just tuck my keycard into my pocket. My wife is the same. If she decides to not carry a purse she'll give me her keycard.