What are your top 5 things that you can't live without on a cruise?

I/we all may learn something from this.  I'm looking for things you can't live without, not things you have to have like clothing, toiletries, meds..........  I'm talking about gadgets and such.  For me:

1. USB Hub for charging divices
  2. Cameras
  3. Magnetic Hooks
  4. Luggage Scale (only when flying to and/or from the cruise terminal)
  5. Extra SD Cards and thumb drives, various sizes

This is just off the top of my head.  I may have to come back and edit it.  

Different strokes...

I'm not sure I bring a single thing that would qualify for your list. Clothing, toiletries, cash, one phone charger per person, ummmm....

Oh, I got one...

1. Travel mug so I can get a larger cappuccino to go from the DL (ofc I would survive taking multiple to go cups but it's easier).

16 minutes ago, 10-42 said:

I/we all may learn something from this.  I'm looking for things you can't live without, not things you have to have like clothing, toiletries, meds..........  I'm talking about gadgets and such.  For me:

1. USB Hub for charging divices
  2. Cameras
  3. Magnetic Hooks
  4. Luggage Scale (only when flying to and/or from the cruise terminal)
  5. Extra SD Cards and thumb drives, various sizes

This is just off the top of my head.  I may have to come back and edit it.  

I have gotten to the point where I use my phone as a camera so that makes things easier. It's really the only gadget that I care about.

I used to ditch the phone in the safe for the week but I do enjoy keeping up with Royal Caribbean Blog!

7 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

I have gotten to the point where I use my phone as a camera so that makes things easier. It's really the only gadget that I care about.

I used to ditch the phone in the safe for the week but I do enjoy keeping up with Royal Caribbean Blog!

You've got a good point, phones are really getting good with their photography.  But, I still like taking my GoPro 7 with me.  Don't know, can't say why.  Just do.  One of my cameras is a Drone and I love that thing.  Once the GoPro starts acting up, I may ditch it and start carrying my phone.  

-Swimsuit and flip flops

-phone and charger for texting family and sharing pics

-my own shampoo, bar soap, lotion

-a lanyard—hate carrying seapass in my pocket.

And: hairbrush. I forgot to pack this last cruise. No problem, right? Just buy one at the airport. Wrong. Every gift shop in ATL airport had no hairbrushes. ONE shop had a small men’s plastic comb. I got it. Landed in Fort Lauderdale. Same story in all their airport shops. Identical Story at hotel gift shop and by now it was too late to find a taxi just to drive around looking for a drug store. On board the Odyssey we asked at guest services where we could buy a brush. Nowhere. No combs, either.  Went to the salon on board and pleaded to buy a brush. Nope.

i have long hair and it was a rat’s nest relying on that little comb for two days. In Nassau we left the ship specifically to buy a brush. Success. Never again will I take that for granted!

2 hours ago, She Sails Away said:

-Swimsuit and flip flops

-phone and charger for texting family and sharing pics

-my own shampoo, bar soap, lotion

-a lanyard—hate carrying seapass in my pocket.

And: hairbrush. I forgot to pack this last cruise. No problem, right? Just buy one at the airport. Wrong. Every gift shop in ATL airport had no hairbrushes. ONE shop had a small men’s plastic comb. I got it. Landed in Fort Lauderdale. Same story in all their airport shops. Identical Story at hotel gift shop and by now it was too late to find a taxi just to drive around looking for a drug store. On board the Odyssey we asked at guest services where we could buy a brush. Nowhere. No combs, either.  Went to the salon on board and pleaded to buy a brush. Nope.

i have long hair and it was a rat’s nest relying on that little comb for two days. In Nassau we left the ship specifically to buy a brush. Success. Never again will I take that for granted!

I know, I hate it when that happens:

image.thumb.jpeg.0775c6cb7fdf548dccb1c86d82c22418.jpeg

10 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

I have to be creative to limit this to five.

1A) Pre-Breakfast 1B) Breakfast 1C) Second Breakfast

2A) Elevenses 2B) Lunch 2C) Afternoon Tea

3A) Dinner 3B) Supper 3C) Late Night Snack

4A) Wine 4B) Drink of the Day 4C) Single-Malt

5A) Sunrise 5B) Sunset

My list of drinks in section 4 differs and you didn't mention copious amounts of cappuccino from the DL, otherwise, this is my new list. Well done!

I have honestly been using the term "pre-breakfast" for many years. My wife goes running very early in the morning and that's when I go get my cappuccino (when the machine is on and functional) and then usually some pastry from the Promenade. After she's done and showered it's time for actual breakfast.

3 hours ago, RDU said:

My own hairdryer!!  I drag that thing with me every time I go on vacation.  Yes, I know there's one on the ship but it's just not the same.  I was actually contemplating this morning about trying to be a big girl and leave it behind...I just don't think I can!  LOL

I left mine behind (on purpose) once.  NEVER again.  Their hair dryers suck big time.  They are the kind that you have to keep your finger on the button to keep it running.  ....and even when it's running, it is NOT hot.  Awful.  Never forgot my hair dryer again.

3 hours ago, RDU said:

My own hairdryer!!  I drag that thing with me every time I go on vacation.  Yes, I know there's one on the ship but it's just not the same.  I was actually contemplating this morning about trying to be a big girl and leave it behind...I just don't think I can!  LOL

GURL, JUST DONT. 

Unless you can air dry and be fine. I have a ton of hair and tried once to use RC's. Never again. 

Okay...in the spirit of the top five items to bring on a cruise that we cannot live without: 

1. USB/plug adapter/hub.

2. Antacids.  Lots of them. (we are older and acid and alcohol are not our friends anymore)

3. Flip flops or some type of easily slipped on footwear.  Don't want to be fussing with shoes every time we go in and out of the room.

4. air freshener for the bathroom.

5. Packable tote bag in case we bring home more than we take on.  Also handy as a beach bag.

8 minutes ago, CruisingNewb said:

4. air freshener for the bathroom.

On our upcoming cruise in July, with 2 adults and 2 teenagers, we have decided on a Family Rule:

If anyone has to do #2, walk to the common bathrooms (outside Windjammer, etc.) and do it there.  If convenient.  We ALL share the same space!  And besides, those bathrooms are more spacious, and better ventilated.

7 hours ago, ellcee said:

GURL, JUST DONT. 

Unless you can air dry and be fine. I have a ton of hair and tried once to use RC's. Never again. 

@ellcee Now I don't feel so bad for lugging it around with me!

7 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I left mine behind (on purpose) once.  NEVER again.  Their hair dryers suck big time.  They are the kind that you have to keep your finger on the button to keep it running.  ....and even when it's running, it is NOT hot.  Awful.  Never forgot my hair dryer again.

@WAAAYTOOO Telling my husband that it's normal to bring your own hairdryer!!

7 hours ago, FF86 said:
  • My best friend and partner
  • Sea sickness meds just in case of rough seas
  • Chargers for the devices
  • Kindle
  • Working pet cam to keep track of the boys while we are away

We've never done this before but we got the "behind the ear" patches from our Dr., and CVS.  Knowing we are going/cruising on the Northern Pacific and it can get really rocky this time of the year (we embark this Friday), we thought it's better safe than sorry.  We are going to put them on before the ship leaves the dock.  I understand they work better if you start before you get sick.