random credit from royal

We just noticed 2 days ago Royal credited our credit card 2 times.  We have no clue why or what the credits are for.  All of our cruise planners items are still booked nor does any of them match either one of the amounts.   Has anyone have this happen to them?

also my sister-in-law booked the drink package,  8 days later still had not been charged for it.  Royal told her to cancel and rebook it.  The second time it charged right away.  Now 2 days later she was charged for the first one as well.  She called and they told her it would be 45 days before it would be credited.

I do not have much faith in Royals accounting system at the moment.

35 minutes ago, jcfoshe said:

I do not have much faith in Royals accounting system at the moment.

Welcome to the club. Some how got double charged on a split payment for final payment. When I got an invoice after submitting for the shareholder it showed a balance due.

Contacted my TA, found out when the credit was processed somehow the payment that went towards to booking was refunded vs the extra charge.

You definitely want to check on the balance due on your cruises, especially if they are past final payment. Royal may believe that you have a balance due because of the refund (caused by a "system glitch") and could cancel your cruise for non-payment.

8 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

You definitely want to check on the balance due on your cruises, especially if they are past final payment. Royal may believe that you have a balance due because of the refund (caused by a "system glitch") and could cancel your cruise for non-payment.

Exactly what happened to me. I didn't have a balance due, but for some reason they decided I did, and they canceled, well, everything. (It's mostly all been reinstated, so all good, but dang!)

My daughter had to cancel her cruise, but since the last payment was made with my card, they refunded the port fees and taxes, insurance, gratuities, and refundable deposit cost back.  my travel agent said give it a week and see if anything else comes back.

RCL is having some major tech issues.

We had a sudden OBC credit of $300. I flagged it with them and they removed part of it (left around $62??), then added another $100 as an apology. 

But, immediately after, I started getting emails saying I owed them an outstanding balance of $92 for my on-board purchases. They re-assured me it was just an error and I didn't need to worry. 

Sure enough....my drink package got cancelled because "I didn't pay". Now I am getting the emails again, and am pretty sure I am going to lose my excursions next while they "look into it".