DBP and Voom package gone the way of the dino?

Hello Cruisers,

With the recent change in FCC we had $500 burning a hole in our pockets. Alaska here we come! In the past we could combo the voom and booze package. On the new spiffy planner this isn't an option. Are we missing something? The booze going for $66 per day and $20 for the fancy internet, is this an attempt to recoup the shutdown or our new economic reality?  

Mine just showed up for my Jan 23 on Harmony, and I was a little shocked.  It's at $102/day with buy one get %50 off.  The DBP just by itself is $86/day.  My January 22 on Symphony was $86/day with a discount for DBP and Zoom.  Those prices include gratuities.  I'm a pretty big drinker so anything under $100/day works for me.

I haven’t bought the drink package since they started requiring both people per stateroom to have it.  Wife may have half dozen cocktails per cruise.  Can’t justify even with the discount.  Royal should consider one price per stateroom and it should be less than 75% of the cost for two it charges now.  Maybe $100/day.  They would still make money, especially on the cruises with almost one port per day.

1 hour ago, Cole Thornton said:

Wife may have half dozen cocktails per cruise.  Can’t justify even with the discount. 

Mrs Fan is like your wife.  Maybe a mimosa in the morning and a glass of wine with dinner. About every 2 or 3 days a punch drink of some sort.  Total money loser if we both have to buy the package. As of now, the DBP price is 20% off and is still an overpriced $72/day. I'll just bring the 2 bottles of wine for her and then buy drinks as needed for me. The Key is what I don't get.  It sits at $42/pp/day.  The value is just not there at that price.  I'd pay $100 or so just to board early but cannot in good conscience buy the Key at nearly $600 total (even if it includes the Voom package).  The Key looks like a plain old cash grab to me.