Symphony of the Seas - June 4th, 2022 - First time STAR CLASS!!!

nikken79

Hi everyone.  This is going to be my first time at a written blog I have normally just been posting on my YouTube channel but here she goes.  We will be traveling onboard the Symphony of the Seas June 4, 2022.  We booked this cruise almost 2 years ago after our Harmony trip was cancelled due to COVID.  We were lucky enough to snag a villa suite for our party of 9.  We are a very fun group ranging from ages 17-66.  Being our first time traveling star class we have no idea of what to expect.  We have received our initial genie email and from what I read we have hit the jackpot.  We have Andrei as our genie for this sailing.  It has been so weird not meticulously planning this trip.  I am such a hands on planner it has been torture leaving things to our genie.  

We will be traveling to Coco Cay, Cozumel, Honduras and Costa Maya.  While at Coco Cay we have reserved a beach cabana at Coco Beach Club.  

We plan to drive down to Miami from Jacksonville, Florida on June 3rd the day prior to our sailing.  My daughter and her friend will be flying in from Alabama where they attend college and my bonus daughter lives in Miami.  My Aunt and uncle will be flying to Jacksonville on June 2 and driving down with my mom, husband, youngest daughter and I.  

I am going to try and blog as much of this experience as I possibly can live.  Stay tuned...

Wanting to book symphony for Mediterranean cruise next summer. Overwhelmed by the cabin choice. Would appreciate advice please. My daughter, husband and three children…8 12 and 14 and myself and my husband.  Wondering if it’s better to have one child in with us.  Are the cabins overlooking the boardwalk, Central Park noisy at night?  Can’t afford too expensive state rooms .  Thanks 😀

8 hours ago, Lindalou said:

Wanting to book symphony for Mediterranean cruise next summer. Overwhelmed by the cabin choice. Would appreciate advice please. My daughter, husband and three children…8 12 and 14 and myself and my husband.  Wondering if it’s better to have one child in with us.  Are the cabins overlooking the boardwalk, Central Park noisy at night?  Can’t afford too expensive state rooms .  Thanks 😀

I have stayed in the Central Park Balcony room on the Oasis and the Wonder.  I think you will love them.  I would definitely do one child with you or it may even be just as cost efficient to get the 3 kids their own room as long as its next door to one of the adults rooms you can do that. 

On 5/9/2022 at 11:53 AM, Lindalou said:

We have been on deck 9 in the last boardwalk balcony.  There's obviously noise during the day but with the door shut it's pretty quiet. This was before the big slides existed so the view is less obstructed. I liked this balcony a lot as I could people watch and still see ocean.  It is however a long walk since it's the last one at the end of the hall.

Here is a video I took from the balcony

https://youtu.be/4HdYpfpgj1E

Update... 23 days to sailing.  

Just a quick drop in.  We have heard from our Genie 2 more times since the initial sailing.  I can truly say I am already loving the star class treatment.  He has all of our preferences noted plus any celebrations we are having onboard.  He is making this so easy.  He has assured me we will never want to leave Star Class!!!  We wanted to check and see if the library was back operating on the Symphony.  My daughter loves books and reading while we sail so she wanted me to verify.  

The only thing I forgot to ask him was regarding our cabana.  I heard that we would be able to select our cabana prior to arrival.  We currently have an Oasis Lagoon Cabana and a Coco Beach Club Cabana.  

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a quick update.  We are all packed and ready to go for the most part.  Created a group chat for our group of 9.  My daughter and her friend will be flying to Miami on Thursday and staying with my bonus daughter who will also be traveling with us.  My uncle and aunt will be arriving in Jacksonville's FL on Thursday evening and we will all wake up on Friday morning to head to Miami . If the communication I have had so far is any indication of how great our genie Andrei will be then we are in for a treat.  He has already been so accommodating with everything we have asked for so far.  Even obtaining my husband's favorite drink Crown Royal Apple although they don't have it at the bars onboard. We are planning to have an epic sail away in our villa.  I swear I am never going back from Star Class and that good since we have 3 more booked within the next year!