Access to Children's Stateroom

Hello.  We just booked a 'last minute' cruise.  As such, we were unable to get connecting staterooms for my wife and I, and the two children (ages 17 and 13) like we normally do.  The rooms are close to each other, but not connecting.  'Official' Arrangements are me in one room with one child, and my wife in the other with the other child.  But in reality, the kids will be in the second stateroom.

My question is, can my wife and I get an extra key to their room, or better yet arrange to have my key open their door as well as ours?

Thanks!!

21 minutes ago, OrlandoDad said:

My question is, can my wife and I get an extra key to their room, or better yet arrange to have my key open their door as well as ours?

Yes, an extra key card can be made. Combined access, I've haven't heard anyone being successful having one card to access two staterooms.

• 5 months later...

On 5/8/2022 at 8:59 PM, Pattycruise said:

One adult from each cabin goes to guest services and asks for an extra key.  

Sorry to revive this old one.  One quick question.  On the extra key, does it have buying privileges or look unique in another way?  We're going that route for an Anthem cruise in March and my concern is always getting the extra mixed up with the original.  If I can just charge with either it only matters at the room door. 

Thanks for your help.

Bill

Although I have never gotten the extra card myself, the card would have the stateroom number of the stateroom that it opens.  The stateroom number is printed on each key card.  That way you will know which door it opens.  On a side note, we did have our three teen boys in an interior room across from our balcony on our last cruise.  I wish I would have gotten the extra card.  That would have saved minutes waiting for them to answer the door every time we knocked and waited!

11 hours ago, Xaa said:

Sorry to revive this old one.  One quick question.  On the extra key, does it have buying privileges or look unique in another way?  We're going that route for an Anthem cruise in March and my concern is always getting the extra mixed up with the original.  If I can just charge with either it only matters at the room door. 

Thanks for your help.

Bill

the extra card does not have charging privileges, and looks different due to the fact that he does not have a name nor any other of the printing on it that the primary card has, It has printed in big bold letters "room access only" or something similar

I'm looking at an extra key I had for one of my sailings.  It has No other info of the other person, at all, on it'the key is blank, does not even have the ship info on it, just a Royal Carribean logo on the back.  They did put the last 3 digits of the stateroom # written in sharpie on the card. ( No stateroom card ever has the full stateroom # written on it) 

The card is not activated to be able to use it for purchasing.  Anthem is a "no hole punch card" as it has the RFID wiring in the card. You cannot hole punch your key and add it to a lanyard, so  have 2 plastic sleeves for your lanyard if that is how you like to carry your seapass card.   

Regarding getting the extra key, if they see the reservations are linked they may indeed give you the extra keys you ask for without the other spouse present.  However, they would also be correct to not do so, so you may need 1 adult from each cabin present to request the extra key for your respective cabin.  

If you do not want your teens to have buying priveleges at all be sure to check at guest services that their room  cards are" turned off" for that feature.

Thanks!  Should be easy even for me.

My concerns were twofold.

1. Me always pulling the wrong card to get into the stateroom.
  2. A moved Teen pulling the wrong card for purchases.  Not because I don't want them to make purchases but because they have Refreshment packages and my wife and I are pay as you go.

As always the answers were fast and on point here.  Thank you all.

Bill