Late to booking - Excursions Alaska

JanitorWisdom

Hello…Recently came across your YouTube channel.  Awesome…Any recommendations? Many of excursions are already booked. Late to the party. 

what to do in icy strait? Skagway? Do you have a travel agent that can help us. We are booked on Quantum  out of Seattle at end of June.   Thank you! 

Hello.

We are booked on the Ovation out of Seattle this week. Never been to Alaska, so I tried to prepare for the trip. I used Youtube all to check the excusions. Just get the title of the excursion and Youtube it. You learn alot about the different excursions. You can also book excursions with the your travel agent. Skagway, everyone talks about the train ride (probably 5 different excursions). But the train ride just got cut short, it can not travel into Canada. Looking forward to an excursions in Juneau (whale watching and Salmon bake). Sitka, we are scheduled to take a tour of the bear place, bird sanctuary and the national park. I hope that helps. And (I almost forgot), you need to check the RCLBlog.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Alaska+royal+caribbean+blog

I found 2 different couples that logged their cruise, each day in a different Alaska port.

Hope that helps.

Icy Straight is supposed to be the best port for whale watching.  There is also a huge zipline there, the largest on the continent or something like that. Skagway's most popular is the White Pass Railroad, but they aren't crossing into Canada in 2022, so the offerings are limited.

For Icy Strait Point we've booked a whale watching excursion through Alaska Shore Excursions. In Skagway we're doing the round-trip White Pass Railroad - though it will be abbreviated, since the train will stop at the border instead of crossing into Canada, as KathyC mentioned.

I am booked on Quantum of the Seas in August.  It is the same itinerary as your sailing.  Icy Strait we are booked for the raft trip, Juneau for the Dawes Glacier and Endicott Arm Fjord and Skagway for the Gold Panning, Sled Dogs and Exclusive Scenic Railway.  I did book mine though my cruise planner.  If you are booking through a third party, make sure to check the pickup and drop off time.  I was looking at one and it would have dropped us off at the time of departure from the port.