Kids Solo Embarkation

Hello - I'm looking for some info (if anyone knows the answer...)

I'm doing a back-2-back cruises this month solo (out of Southampton, UK).  I have a 13 yr old that wants to join onboard for the 2nd cruise leg.  Assuming Royal are amenable to adding in a 2nd passenger into the booking - I'm wondering what would happen with her boarding (on her own)?  Her dad would drop her at the cruise terminal and she'll have all the relevant paperwork (vaccinated, antigen tested etc...) - I would already be onboard in the theatre on turn-around day (and don't want to have a scenario where I get off and check back in as they would need another covid antigen test that I wouldn't have access to in the UK, as its on us to do this now)...

If anyone knows how this would work or whether its possible, I would appreciate any information.

2 hours ago, em.down.the.rabbit.hole said:

Hello - I'm looking for some info (if anyone knows the answer...)

I'm doing a back-2-back cruises this month solo (out of Southampton, UK).  I have a 13 yr old that wants to join onboard for the 2nd cruise leg.  Assuming Royal are amenable to adding in a 2nd passenger into the booking - I'm wondering what would happen with her boarding (on her own)?  Her dad would drop her at the cruise terminal and she'll have all the relevant paperwork (vaccinated, antigen tested etc...) - I would already be onboard in the theatre on turn-around day (and don't want to have a scenario where I get off and check back in as they would need another covid antigen test that I wouldn't have access to in the UK, as its on us to do this now)...

If anyone knows how this would work or whether its possible, I would appreciate any information.

This seems like something that would best be answered by Royal directly.  I would contact your travel agent or Royal Caribbean. They should be able to answer your question and make sure all sides have the relevant paperwork completed, if this is even allowed.

13 hours ago, em.down.the.rabbit.hole said:

Hello - … Her dad would drop her at the cruise terminal and she'll have all the relevant paperwork (vaccinated, antigen tested etc...) - I would already be onboard in the theatre on turn-around day (and don't want to have a scenario where I get off and check back in as they would need another covid antigen test that I wouldn't have access to in the UK, as its on us to do this now)...

Wouldn’t you already have your next seapass card for the 2nd cruise?  Then you wouldn’t need to go through new cruiser process  again, right?  Seems you could disembark into the terminal as you are already “checked in” and accompany the teenager onboard.   

5 hours ago, Zurc said:

Wouldn’t you already have your next seapass card for the 2nd cruise?  Then you wouldn’t need to go through new cruiser process  again, right?  Seems you could disembark into the terminal as you are already “checked in” and accompany the teenager onboard.   

This is what you should do. Ask for an "in transit" card once you get your SeaPass for the second leg. Then you can disembark and meet your kid and take them through the check-in process. The "in transit" card will show the port workers they don't need to check you in again.

I was in NY when my 19yo daughter came to join me on my 2nd leg.  I went to the theater, was processed, given my next set sail pass and then the “in transit” or “checked in” card.

I scanned my seapass to exit the ship.  Once my daughter came through the security check I gave her the passport, she was checked in and able to continue onboard with me. 
Ive no idea if the process would be similar for you.  Testing for me was onboard for my B2B but I do understand that they’ve done away with the testing for B2B