Debarkation process when arriving at port - Royal Dockyard - Bermuda

Cbb

We are going to Bermuda in July.  How does the debarkation work when arriving at dockyard port.  

Can you get off as soon as you walk up or is there a formal dismissal process?  Trying to figure out how early we can get off to book a boat rental. I see excursions do not start until 9:30 A.

15 hours ago, Cbb said:

We are going to Bermuda in July.  How does the debarkation work when arriving at dockyard port.  

Can you get off as soon as you walk up or is there a formal dismissal process?  Trying to figure out how early we can get off to book a boat rental. I see excursions do not start until 9:30 A.

Enjoy the boat rental. We usually rent a 13’ Boston Whaler…or, if there’s a lot of us…a 23’ pontoon boat. Fantastic time motoring around the Great Sound. They provide a map with photos showing how far you can go, which is virtually all of the sound. Including little tiny islands where you can anchor and just hang out on your own private beach. There’s a few water sports companies you can use, including one just as you get off the pier. Enjoy!

BrianB -

In your opinion would a 10:30 boat rental be ambitious?  First RC Excursion is 9:30.  Glad to meet someone who has done the boat rental.  I like the idea that we are not tied to time or a tour guide and can go wherever/do whatever.  Traveling with 2 teen boys.  I think they will love it!

@Cbb That time is fine. You can go online and check out the available rentals, prices and companies. Then you can call and make a reservation. You can also research reviews and check out the experiences of others. The thing I like best about Bermuda is that it is a safe, clean and very visitor-friendly island (actually group of islands) with honestly nice and welcoming people. Of course I take nothing for granted and am always as careful as possible everywhere I go…but I feel the most comfortable in Bermuda. We have explored much of the beautiful islands on our own, especially on cruises that dock over two nights. Bermuda is our favorite destination! Enjoy your cruise and the Bermudian experience!