Phillipsburg and Charlotte Amalie St Thomas recommendations

Chimo2u

We will be sailing on Harmony of the Seas in October and am trying to figure out what to do for shore excursions with our boys (29/26) . I am concerned about making it back in time , but there’s not many RCCL excursions that are available to book through RCCL or look interesting. I was considering Captain Bobs speed boat: snorkeling tour by Soualiga Destinations Tours. Hubby also thought a ATV tour might be fun. He wants to see mahalo beach airplanes if we can in whatever tour we do.
Also I am having zero luck figuring out what to do in Charlotte Amalie in st marten . 

Please recommend! Will outside tours guarantee we get back in time for sail away?

In St Maarten, we walked from the pier to Grand Bay beach, rented loungers & umbrellas & had a chill beach day.  2 buckets of beverages, delicious lunch for 4 delivered to our loungers, 4 loungers & 2 umbrellas with tip came to $122 for the day.  There is also a place to rent ATVs on the walk to the beach.

We did not have plans for St Thomas & took a taxi into town for some shopping.  Very disappointed, small area, same stuff available at the port shops.  I’d suggest some type of excursion here, either through Royal or a third party.

We really enjoyed the Golden Eagle Catamaran in St Maarten-booked through Royal Caribbean excursions.  It was a nice large catamaran that took us snorkeling to a great location, then a nice sail to a beach break (along the way you can see the airplanes at Maho beach).  Drinks (alcoholic and non-alcholic) were included as well as a sandwich for a light lunch.