Which is Preferred?

Only the one on the far left, multi-tap, is the least likely to be confiscated.

Middle, an extension cord, could confiscated. Far right, power strip, would likely be confiscated.

Of the three, I've seen all on the pick-up/naughty table post cruise as confiscated items. One I've seen the least was the far left.

Personally, I wouldn’t use the middle one ever.  That style of cord is far too old and I’d be concerned that it isn’t 3 prong and the sheathing is probably not protective enough for todays appliances. If you need an extension cord to plug in an approved device, then Royal should be able to provide one for use.

1 hour ago, Reigert2008 said:

Personally, I wouldn’t use the middle one ever.  That style of cord is far too old and I’d be concerned that it isn’t 3 prong and the sheathing is probably not protective enough for todays appliances.

Sounds like advice from a Journeyman electrician. That's a light duty indoor extension cord you could buy at Menards right now. Nothing wrong with using it for lights and other light duty household use. But yes, not allowed on cruise ships.

While we're taking shots at people's belongings, replace your carpet too. It looks old. 😆 

... or if you mostly need USB charging capability for your electronic devices (4.8/5.0 stars - 16.8K reviews - $29.99)... this was recommended numerous times on this forum and we personally use this on every cruise. There may be other versions of this hub that support USB-C, etc., if you need the additional flexibility.

I use this to charge all of our iPhones, iPads, GoPro, Apple Watches, device batteries... all you need is one outlet in your cabin...

51A3Cw2FD5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Amazon Link: Anker Charging Station / PowerPort

11 hours ago, AspiringCruisePlanner said:

While we're taking shots at people's belongings, replace your carpet too. It looks old. 😆 

To be clear, I wasn’t taking shots at anyones belongs, just making a safety recommendation. I’ve been replacing that style of extension cord when I find them at my families houses and figured I would share the same recommendation to the OP.  My brother in law is a fire fighter and each winter they get so many runs due to people using these cords and plugging in space heaters, Christmas trees, running them under carpets, etc..

if I offended @Walt Golasthen I apologize as that was certainly not my intent.

45 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

To be clear, I wasn’t taking shots at anyones belongs, just making a safety recommendation. I’ve been replacing that style of extension cord when I find them at my families houses and figured I would share the same recommendation to the OP.  My brother in law is a fire fighter and each winter they get so many runs due to people using these cords and plugging in space heaters, Christmas trees, running them under carpets, etc..

if I offended @Walt Golasthen I apologize as that was certainly not my intent.

I am a 42 yr fire fighter veteran. 

I know the problem with the cord, but in cruise i am powering a watch and phone and fan next to bed.

On 5/8/2022 at 6:47 AM, JohnK6404 said:

... or if you mostly need USB charging capability for your electronic devices (4.8/5.0 stars - 16.8K reviews - $29.99)... this was recommended numerous times on this forum and we personally use this on every cruise. There may be other versions of this hub that support USB-C, etc., if you need the additional flexibility.

I use this to charge all of our iPhones, iPads, GoPro, Apple Watches, device batteries... all you need is one outlet in your cabin...

51A3Cw2FD5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Amazon Link: Anker Charging Station / PowerPort

We have and use that exact same one!!!

Based on what I know...nope nope and nope.

But this could be a YMMV situation as it seems certain port staff have a different understanding of what constitutes an extension cable/power strip.

Universally, the safest ones that get on all ships at all times are pure USB towers.

Some people report success with the usb/outlet combo but I've also read of people getting stopped and those getting confiscated.

On 5/7/2022 at 1:20 PM, Walt Golas said:

Can i use all of these?

And I just need to say I am sincerely sorry that one person decided to be personally insulting to you. While any of us can say something awkwardly here (or anywhere), it is very rare that someone is just outright rude. I cannot explain it, but know without a doubt that most everyone here that read that post winced.  Most participants here are interested in helping others and learning even more about cruising (here, with RCCL) not making fun of people OR their homes.  Happy cruising 🎊😊

9 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

And I just need to say I am sincerely sorry that one person decided to be personally insulting to you. While any of us can say something awkwardly here (or anywhere), it is very rare that someone is just outright rude. I cannot explain it, but know without a doubt that most everyone here that read that post winced.  Most participants here are interested in helping others and learning even more about cruising (here, with RCCL) not making fun of people OR their homes.  Happy cruising 🎊😊

The comment was sarcastic... I have no beef with the OP's carpet.  I have issues when people give unsolicited advice to people.  The poster asked whether they can bring these on a cruise, not how they should be using these in their home.

3 hours ago, AspiringCruisePlanner said:

The comment was sarcastic... I have no beef with the OP's carpet.  I have issues when people give unsolicited advice to people.  The poster asked whether they can bring these on a cruise, not how they should be using these in their home.

It may have been sarcastic, but it was also insulting (and definitely not funny). I believe that you can make a point about your “issues” without being rude