Water Delivery to Cabins

We are first time cruisers and I've had alot of questions. But I can't seem to find this answer on any of the blogs.

I know that closer to the cruise, we will be able to order water to be delivered to our cabin prior to our arrival. Everytime I've read about this however, there is a charge for it. We purchased the Deluxe Drink Package that includes almost everything. So I'm wondering if that is a service that I can request and have it be included in my drink package as opposed to paying extra for the bottles to be delivered. Or am I overthinking this and getting bottled/canned water in my cabin won't be a big deal? 

Thanks for the help! 

With some exceptions for the big fancy suites, delivery of water/soda to your cabin is a one-time, paid-in-advance, arrival-day-only option.  It is totally separate from any drink package which would cover drinks from any bar/restaurant/dining room.  Drink packages do NOT cover any type of delivery to your cabin.  That would be room service which carries a cost.

Your drink package only covers drinks at places around the ship and on the private islands. As stated by another poster the water package is a separate fee. Also keep in mind that regardless of any packages, if you order drinks through room service, they will charge the room service fee and the cost of the drinks plus gratuity. 

The others have already said it but you will be surprised how quick you will have lots of waters in your cabin by taking one back every time you head there.  I have done it both ways and it is not a big deal.  The cruise I am on now I paid $17 for a case of water in my room.  My last cruise I took a bottle every time I headed to my room and by the 3 day I had a dozen bottles in my mini frig.

Ditto, I've ordered the water package and we usually book bigger suites which come with a few fancy big water bottles for free. Yet no matter your room category with the beverage package there is free bottled water given to you by every waiter/bartender if you ask. After a few days you end up with a bunch of bottles in your fridge by bringing them back to the room after each foray out. My wife prefers the bottles included with the package to the cans you pay extra for (actually she also prefers the provided reusable big cup that the beverage package entitles you to filled with water and ice from a soda dispenser to the cans so the cans end up being a waste) and her last choice). My opinion, like everyone else is to forgo the extra expense of water cans in your room and fill your reusable soda cup or ask for a water as you head back to room each time, regardless of the economy of it, more so to avoid canned water.

On 5/6/2022 at 8:01 PM, anxiouscruiser said:

i ordered the cans of water 24 for $28 canadian. worth it to not drink from the bathroom sink

You will save money if you drink sink water over purchased water - of course.  But with sink water it will be a bit more difficult to keep it cold (gotta get it in the frig or ice it) and to carry it around (you will need your own cup - insulated cup with ice preferably).  The point is sink water is less convenient.  So is it worth it?  Only you can decide...

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 12:32 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

I pick up a couple of bottles of water and bring some back to my room anytime I'm headed back there.  You can pick it up at any bar or place like Cafe270 or Cafe Promenade.  

Is there a charge for the bottle water you pick up at the bar?  Personally I like the tap water on a ship just fine.  Wife likes to get bottle water and put it in her insulated plastic glass with ice.

18 minutes ago, Jailman said:

Is there a charge for the bottle water you pick up at the bar?  Personally I like the tap water on a ship just fine.  Wife likes to get bottle water and put it in her insulated plastic glass with ice.

Yes, unless you have a beverage package, there is a charge for the bottled/canned water

On 5/6/2022 at 7:56 PM, Traveling Mike said:

The others have already said it but you will be surprised how quick you will have lots of waters in your cabin by taking one back every time you head there.  I have done it both ways and it is not a big deal.  The cruise I am on now I paid $17 for a case of water in my room.  My last cruise I took a bottle every time I headed to my room and by the 3 day I had a dozen bottles in my mini frig.

Absolutely!!  We frequent the Schooner Bar and after a couple days the bartenders know us and usually will give both my wife and I (2) bottles of water each.  Also had good luck with 2 each at the Windjammer after breakfast

My first and last cruise was in 2019. We will be on the same ship in a few weeks. I am trying to remember when the items could be ordered (like bottles of water or pop) for the room to be there upon arrival. Not seeing anything yet and we are less than three weeks away.

Edit - Found the water one. Besides alcohol, was there anything else you can purchase for upon arrival?

Edited by Chris2022
Found what I Needed

Anyone ever hear about people having issues with the tap water on cruise ships?  Recently I had gotten an upset stomach on Carnival Panorama in Nov 2021 and Royal on Freedom of the Seas early May 2022.  I'm trying to figure out if it's the water.  Chances are it's something else. 

And since I think I might have an issue with ship water, I purchased a water package to be delivered to my room.  It states on the royal site that water cannot be shared and if I buy 12 cans for myself and my girlfriend, it's more expensive than if I buy 24 just for me.  So how do they know if you are sharing?  It's a difference of about $7 I believe.

18 minutes ago, Aron_Ross said:

Anyone ever hear about people having issues with the tap water on cruise ships?  Recently I had gotten an upset stomach on Carnival Panorama in Nov 2021 and Royal on Freedom of the Seas early May 2022.  I'm trying to figure out if it's the water.  Chances are it's something else. 

And since I think I might have an issue with ship water, I purchased a water package to be delivered to my room.  It states on the royal site that water cannot be shared and if I buy 12 cans for myself and my girlfriend, it's more expensive than if I buy 24 just for me.  So how do they know if you are sharing?  It's a difference of about $7 I believe.

They won’t know.  I can’t understand why it would say that.

you do know you can carry on water?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

10 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

They won’t know.  I can’t understand why it would say that.

you do know you can carry on water?

I can't either.  I am new to Royal Caribbean and enjoyed my first cruise about a month ago, but I am not thrilled how they tend to nickel and dime you for everything.  The water situation is an example.  Charging more just because I added my girlfriend's name for the same amount of water is not cool.  

Yes I do know I can bring water on board thanks for that link!  I also plan on bringing soda, but it looks like I can only bring a total of 12 for us both and that won't be enough water.